I hope I’ve got better things to do when I get old (er)

Wom 27

Elite Member
I find the fastest way to find out who owns a site is to just start detecting.. sure enough, yesterday, campus security came to investigate.. I was told to have fun.. now tonight, the cops came. He told me I was trespassing, so I brought out all the you tube arguments I could remember. You know, no signs. No one asked me to leave. A cop can’t trespass me, and my ace I had permission. . Problem was, I couldn’t remember the security guy’s name and security doesn’t have a badge.
Then they brought out their trump card. “ she’s called five times !
Well you can’t top that. No one wants to be called five times.
What a terrible life she lives.
And I have to live knowing that somewhere on that lot is my silver dollar!!!

Wow, bummer for sure !

Hindsight is 20/20 and you likely never thought you'd have a problem and need it, but you likely wish you had a signed permission note from that security person when that happened. :roll:

Go ask permission from someone else. There's a good chance she's just a busy body Karen type. Far too many around and they don't necessarily know if detecting is allowed or not.

Notice how it was not the cops, necessarily, who "cared less" about you md'ing there . As evidenced by the earlier security people who didn't care, and said "good luck", etc... Instead, notice it's some nosy-parker busy-body who "cares". And now it's just a badge responding to a call. And .... gotta please whomever it was that called. And sure, once there, the cop will grasp-for-straws thinking of reasons why maybe you can't be there, or be doing it. But other than that, they could care less.

So to me, this isn't a story about permissions or cops or legalities. It's a story about Nosy Karen types. Thus the moral of the story is: Avoid these type busy-bodies. This is why, when it come to nice manicured turf, I hunt those locations at night. So peaceful. So serene :roll:

Reminds me that nobody suspects a 12-year-old of doing anything serious (like actual beach hunting) but I trade that "he's so little, wonder if he's finding something" for the stupid rolex comment... :furious: :lol:

Josh

Notice how it was not the cops, necessarily, who "cared less" about you md'ing there . As evidenced by the earlier security people who didn't care, and said "good luck", etc... Instead, notice it's some nosy-parker busy-body who "cares". And now it's just a badge responding to a call. And .... gotta please whomever it was that called. And sure, once there, the cop will grasp-for-straws thinking of reasons why maybe you can't be there, or be doing it. But other than that, they could care less.

So to me, this isn't a story about permissions or cops or legalities. It's a story about Nosy Karen types. Thus the moral of the story is: Avoid these type busy-bodies. This is why, when it come to nice manicured turf, I hunt those locations at night. So peaceful. So serene :roll:

covid crazy karens! "watch out!" "paranoia runs deep.into your life it will creep.
starts when ya always afraid, step outta line, man come ,and take you away!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom