Bucket Lister: My first SLQ!

ScaredOfClowns

Elite Member
Today I went for a hunt at a local schoolyard and hit an area that I've had some luck with lately. After digging some typical clad and junk, I found this cool old Good Luck token:

Good Luck Both Sides.jpg

It must have done the trick, because my very next signal was a solid 30 VDI quarter signal. I cut a plug, dug about 8" down, scooped out the dirt and immediately see a coin with a beautiful solid silver reeded edge:

SLQ In the Hole.jpg

I carefully cleaned it off, and it was a 1919 Standing Liberty Quarter - the first SLQ I've ever found, and a real beauty:

SLQ Both Sides.jpg

I've wanted to find one of these for a long time, and finding one in nice shape with a clear date is a real bonus.

Thanks for looking - HH!

Clear date is an understatement that is pretty close to AU. Wow what a save SoC and congrats on a beautiful SLQ. Good luck,Mark

That quarter is in awesome condition!! I’ve dug 4 or 5 and I always wondered what they really looked like 😁

OutSTANDing quarter you saved there, ScaredofClowns!

A quick glance at the PCGS coin grading app suggests this beauty is at least AU50. Congrats on your first SLQ, and what a gorgeous one she is!

Great quarter you found there.

Until 1925, the date wasn't recessed and easily worn off. If you have a copy of the Red book, you will see the higher prices of 1916 - 1924 vs. 1925 - 1930.

Congratulations!

-- Tom

What no fair your first SLQ is supposed to be slick like mine was. So was the second. Third was not to wore out and the date was there, but your looks like it was not in circulation long before it was lost. Congrats, It's beauty!

Back
Top Bottom