Some changes on the Horizon and KT's weekly CRH

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT had been warned last week by the Bank's Vault Teller that there may be changes on the horizon, particularly a short fall of the half boxes weekly ordered by KT.

This is a problem with Loomis, as the order for 5 was made, but only 4 boxes delivered. KT took the 4 so this may be the start of something different in His Majesty's future, but who knows!?!

Anyway, below are the results of the 4 box CRH:

Box 1 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 1 Proof
Box 2 - nothing
Box 3 - 1 Proof
Box 4 - 1 Proof

Total - 1 40% Ag Ken, 3 Proofs. The silver Ken was very dirty and it took two lengthy dippings and cleanings to get it to look decent. It had some green on it which turned out to be tape residue, that was removed with acetone and a couple of applications of Q-tips, and once that was removed then the cleaning in sterling silver cleaner was done. Came out ok.

Here are the pics as proof of recovery....no pun intended! :laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• CRH 06 10 2021 1 40% Ag Ken.JPG
    CRH 06 10 2021 1 40% Ag Ken.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 279
  • CRH 06 10 2021 3 Proof Kens.jpg
    CRH 06 10 2021 3 Proof Kens.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 282
Congrats on the one recovery. It is very unfortunate that they are cutting things back on you. Seems like they have used similar tactics with others, like charging for orders.

Congrats on the one recovery. It is very unfortunate that they are cutting things back on you. Seems like they have used similar tactics with others, like charging for orders.

jkbemdavis, if they ever attempt to charge KT for an order, then that will end KT's Royal CRHing efforts, because it is a fun hobby when breaking even cost wise, but it would become a money pit, simply because there is not enough recoverable silver out there to pay a fee to get it. KT would be better off just setting up a regular silver buying situation than spend the time and effort in CRHing.

jkbemdavis, if they ever attempt to charge KT for an order, then that will end KT's Royal CRHing efforts, because it is a fun hobby when breaking even cost wise, but it would become a money pit, simply because there is not enough recoverable silver out there to pay a fee to get it. KT would be better off just setting up a regular silver buying situation than spend the time and effort in CRHing.

Agreed KT... fun when I do it while watching tv or otherwise relaxing. If I have to pay to do it... we’ll there are other hobbies that are more entertaining.

I took a batch of clad and almost twelve dollars worth of pennies to the credit union and ran them thru the coin counter.

Had the teller convert my clad into paper money. I asked and was told that they are getting cut on the boxes of coins that they order

MIGHT STILL be some shortages in coinages.

I took a batch of clad and almost twelve dollars worth of pennies to the credit union and ran them thru the coin counter.

Had the teller convert my clad into paper money. I asked and was told that they are getting cut on the boxes of coins that they order

MIGHT STILL be some shortages in coinages.

Thanks for that info, georgeinsc. It just may be that Loomis is not simply targeting KT afterall! But it this is true then it is bad news for all CRHers, that is for certain.

Congrats on the one lone silver 40%er, KT. Sorry to hear about your boxes getting cut short, at least they didn't start wanting to charge you a fee, like they did to me! :( :lol:

Congrats on the one lone silver 40%er, KT. Sorry to hear about your boxes getting cut short, at least they didn't start wanting to charge you a fee, like they did to me! :( :lol:

So true, Wolf-Dog! KT had tried to buy a couple of boxes of dimes, and they were not available as they had not been ordered by KT. Anyway, if things really go south on this hobby, KT will just go back to buying some rolls like He did in 2020. Not as much fun in the hunt, but plenty of fun in the silver stacking! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom