• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruckman38

Elite Member
Who is going to take and who’s not. I want to see side effects first if any. There’s got to be a lot of people take it first and be ok before I take it.

Who is going to take and who’s not. I want to see side effects first if any. There’s got to be a lot of people take it first and be ok before I take it.

I still cant figure out why we are vaccinating against a disease that has a 99.9 precent survival rate except for those over 70. The vaccine itself is something like 95 percent effective. None of it makes sense

I still cant figure out why we are vaccinating against a disease that has a 99.9 precent survival rate except for those over 70. The vaccine itself is something like 95 percent effective. None of it makes sense
You’re not supposed to question! If so, just follow the money.

Well, KT is over 70, and the first time a Covid-19 vaccine is offered to Him, He will get it!

Took the flu vaccine about 6 weeks ago, and the first of the new Shingles vaccine. Was just in today and got the second one, will provide full protection, rather than just lessen the effects, like the early one KT got when He turned 55.

And my decision is not based on fear, having been a scientist by trade, KT is not paranoid about government scientists, heck He was one! It is based on a desire not to get this darned virus, just like when I get the flu shot...His Majesty is not interested in getting seriously sick...don't have time for it! :lol::lol:

I'm taking it the day it becomes available.

This disease is not just about the death rate, but many who survive it have long term organ damage and nerve damage. Moreover, it seems socially responsible, at least to me, even if the disease may not affect me, to help contribute to herd immunity so my shedding of the virus will not affect others who may be more vulnerable. For example, I have a 92 year old mother-in-law I simply cannot visit now.

This disease is not just about the death rate, but many who survive it have long term organ damage and nerve damage. Moreover, it seems socially responsible, at least to me, even if the disease may not affect me, to help contribute to herd immunity so my shedding of the virus will not affect others who may be more vulnerable. For example, I have a 92 year old mother-in-law I simply cannot visit now.
Yep. I work in medicine and have a public health background so its a no brainer for me.

Pfizer isn’t sure whether someone can transmit the virus after vaccination.

https://thehill.com/news-by-subject...-not-sure-if-someone-can-transmit-virus-after

I’d be thankful if you could please explain how this vaccine really works, and possible long-term effects, seeing that it was rushed to market.
You can ask Mr. Google for that. NY Times or Statnews are good reliable sources. I'm not a virologist and am not getting into public health debates online.

Take a new vaccine with absurdly limited human testing that was rushed to market in a political power grab? Sure, sign me right up.

You all have really good point me I’m not sure if I want it like I said I got see some recovery numbers. How will it effect the elderly the ones with already heath issues and what not. It seems like it was rushed to me. I guess we shall see. I hope it works.

Nope, no shot for me!! Was told by three doctors and a chiropractor that I needed shots in my back, that was over 4 years ago, hasn't happened yet.

I am 70 and i plan on getting one as soon as they have them ready for the general public .

I ( like the good King Totsalot and Dave) am a bit older and am up to date on all my shots , Pneumonia ,Flu , Shingles etc .Everything except Rabies and Distemper ! :lol: I will get one when they are available as well as well .:yes:

You are right on the money. That’s why I’m going to get it. If you won’t do it to help yourself, do it to help your fellow citizens please.

I ( like the good King Totsalot and Dave) am a bit older and am up to date on all my shots , Pneumonia ,Flu , Shingles etc .Everything except Rabies and Distemper ! :lol: I will get one when they are available as well as well .:yes:

Just got my flu , Pneumonia , shingles a few months ago around October

I'll take it as soon as it's available to me. I want to visit my folks in the US but I will not go until I have been vaccinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom