#1! Wow!!

Donneybrook

Elite Member
I won this year's science fair at my school! I did it on electrolysis and won in a landslide according to the judges! I brought in a few artifacts that i had "cooked", made a 400 word research paper, log book and of course, the board itself. I experimented for about three weeks and then a week before the contest i began researching electrolysis to understand the inner workings. Finally i was ready to make the board the day before (monday) the science fair. I spent six hours on it and did hardly any other school but it was well worth it! There were about 25 students from three different schools, with their ages ranging 13-17. The six judges divided the group into two parts and three each judged half and their top three were judged by the remaining 3 judges. Apparently the judges unanimously agreed i was the winner! my highest score being 99/100 (only the first three judges gave a score). Anyways, sorry to brag, but wow! I can't believe it! I even got to mention metal detecting! :D

Attachments

• 100_6028.jpg
    100_6028.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_6029.jpg
    100_6029.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_6030.jpg
    100_6030.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 370
Cool way to win it!:yes: Think mine was on the Vortex turning opposite depending on which side of the equator you were on. Had a special bottle connector where you could make the Vortex rotate backwards:lol: Seem to remember 3 or 4 volcanoes entered. You talking about a mess? That red dye was all over the place:laughing:

A BIG Congrats on the #1 finish. You did great, and we're all proud of you. Did you know about electrolycis before joining the forum? I'll admit, I'd never heard of it before. It's amazing the things I've learned about since hanging out here. : )

Nice work! The science behind electrolysis is pretty advanced stuff for high school. Great topic and congrats.

Cool way to win it!:yes: Think mine was on the Vortex turning opposite depending on which side of the equator you were on. Had a special bottle connector where you could make the Vortex rotate backwards:lol: Seem to remember 3 or 4 volcanoes entered. You talking about a mess? That red dye was all over the place:laughing:

haha the classic volcanos lol. None of those here surprisingly, but there were a couple that were your classic stereotyped project. lol

A BIG Congrats on the #1 finish. You did great, and we're all proud of you. Did you know about electrolycis before joining the forum? I'll admit, I'd never heard of it before. It's amazing the things I've learned about since hanging out here. : )

Thx Frankie! A man at my church actually told me about it a month or two before i joined. And i agree, such a vast amount of knowledge to be learned here!

Nice!!! Very cool, that's a cool way to win it!!

Thx buddy!

Nice work! The science behind electrolysis is pretty advanced stuff for high school. Great topic and congrats.

haha yeah, i not only learned about electrolysis, but i learned all about electrons, protons, ion, atoms and molecules! Thanks!

You have every right to brag!!! Congrats! You deserve it!!

Well, i had to at least be polite ;) Thank you so much!

Congrats and great job!! I like your display a lot. Way to go young man!! You should be proud.

Thank you! I usually have colored construction paper outline the white paper in poster board contests i'm in, and it always helps!

Way to go! Congrats!

Thanks!

Congrats on #1 !!!!

Are you going on to the next level now?

Thanks man! Hopefully, but since I'm home-schooled and my co-op doesn't count as a school (though that's what I call it) I might not unless the homeschooling group has one, I won't be able to go the next level against public schoolers unless I win that first.

Nice job Congrats!

Electrolysis is cool stuff :) I cleaned up an old cast iron tea kettle with it few years back. Just neat.

Congrats on the win!

Way to go!

That's very creative.
I wish I was your age when I got hooked. It's not very fun being a college student focused on studies when you could be metal detecting or crh.

Congrats on a well deserved win!

Thanks Choppa!

Cool! Awesome and interesting. :good:

Thx man!

WOW! Very creative and interesting! Of course you're going to get 1st with that topic! Wtg!

One of the judges gave me 4/5 for originality! Weird eh? lol Thanks though!

Nice job Congrats! Electrolysis is cool stuff :) I cleaned up an old cast iron tea kettle with it few years back. Just neat. Congrats on the win!

Thanks GS! I agree that electrolysis is pretty sweet! I couldn't believe when my friend first told me that there was actually to get rust off of artifacts!

That's an awesome job, congrats on the big win!

Thank you Zee! It was just so much fun making the board!

Nice congrats

Thanks Offshore2!

Back
Top Bottom