• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Ford Bronco is back finally.

Very cool video! I'm pretty sure this is the top end model ($50k+) and nicely integrates current technologies with the features the hardcore offroaders have been DIYing for years. It seems like Ford really listened to what they want. Haven't ever gotten the bug myself, but have always been fascinated by the modifications they do to can turn a run of the mill explorer into a lifted, articulated suspension, low-geared go almost anywhere machine.

I was confused why now all the hoopla about the Bronco -- I've seen them on the road so what's the big deal? The Bronco "Sport" has been on the road. It is smaller than this actual Bronco, more car-like underneath, it's a 4x4, but less off-roady than the full sized Bronco, which is the real deal. Ford's got some cool stuff right now. If they'd just rename that gawd awful "Mustang Mach-e" something else. It is *not* a Mustang.

I have owned and wheel 4X4s since the early 80s. I owned two different 79 Ford Broncos and a 76 Classic Bronco so I am bit enthusiastic about the new Bronco. For sure the engineers at Ford did their research and listened to the off-road community.

My guess the model in the video would price out in the mid-50s which is line with a Jeep Rubicon. A base model 2 door soft top Bronco is $28,500.00 and a base 2 door soft top Jeep is $28,900.00. They both close in cost. If you want front and rear lockers in a Jeep you must jump up to a Rubicon trim. Ford does it different.

For me, if I was in the market for a new 4X4 it would need be a 4 door, hard top, automatic and I would want front and rear lockers. I went to Ford’s and Jeep’s sites and built my vehicle.

4 door Jeep Rubicon with automatic and hard top $51,795.00 price does not include destination fees. This would come with 33” tires.

On the Bronco you don’t have to jump up to a high end model to get the lockers.

Base 4-door Bronco with automatic, hard top and Sasquatch package $41,825.00. The price includes a $1,495.00 destination fee and $645.00 acquisition fee.
The Sasquatch package ($4,995.00) includes a better transfer case, front & rear lockers and 35” tires.

I value my money way to much to buy Chevy, Ford or dodge ..but if held at gunpoint.. I would have to choose ford...
Dodge is dodge..but the new GM products are absolutely P.O.S....causin bought a brand 2020 full size loaded gm suv.... and now hes dealing with lawyers trying to get them to buy it back....
Told him when he bought it hes in for headaches....pathetic it's happened soo soon

Unfortunately ford is into trucks and dropping cars except the mustang, which is the only thing I would buy from Ford.
I am staying with Toyota thank you.

I already have a Silverado Duramax that I bought new in 2006 so went old school last week for another 4wd. Would not pay what they are asking for any new truck or SUV and not a fan of the new Bronco.

Steve

Attachments

• 1112111.jpg
    1112111.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 275
I already have a Silverado Duramax that I bought new in 2006 so went old school last week for another 4wd. Would not pay what they are asking for any new truck or SUV and not a fan of the new Bronco.

Steve

Nice one there. Reminds me of the good ole days.
I cut my teeth as a teenager driving 1973 cj5.

Steve

That is one beautiful retro, stetam! Gotta love it! Reminds KT of the black Jeep Cherokee KT drove the last 6 years of work! It was acquired used from another agency...reportedly never driven off the pavement, was brutallized by our field crew on trails and stream beds, and then KT finally got hold of it...had 140k miles on it, then KT put another 80K on it, over half in the woods, never failed me once. Blew a radiator hose once, fortunately an upper, and did a walmart hose field fix. KT's field partner said, You ought to do a commercial for Jeep! After riding with me for a few weeks in the woods! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Since KT is not a mechanic, he would need to find someone to be its "Royal Caretaker". But that would be so much fun to own!

Ford finally woke up and looked around at all the Chrysler jeeps being sold. Here in north Atlanta it seems that every young person male or female is driving a jeep. I had a jeep Liberty about 10 years ago and at or about 60,000 miles lots of things started breaking. Nothing in the engine, but power windows, power locks and stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom