Invaders nearby...

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
KT just got a call from His Royal Next Door Neighbor.. Seems within the past hour he had decided to drive out and pick up his mail from his box on the street. He opened his garage door and backed his truck out, drove to his mailbox and then back. When he arrived back at his garage he saw a backpack sitting in the grass just off his driveway. Getting out of the truck, he looked around but saw no one! Looking in the open backpack he saw an odd looking black metal box device. He stood by the pack and called the County Sheriff, who showed up about 15 minutes later. The Royal Neighbor told the Sheriff, I have no idea what that is, do you? Sheriff pulled it out and said, oh, yeah, you got some druggies snooping around. This machine reads the barcode on anything and will print out a fake receipt so they steal that item and they know where it was bought so they take it there and get your money back on it. Then they use that money to buy drugs! Needless to say, KT is in the process of telling the others in the Royal Neighborhood about this and we are all tightening up security a bit. Fortunately he had nothing stolen and the Sheriff speculated that they had just walked up and when the garage door started opening, it scared then and they dropped their pack and ran. Likely not back into the neighborhood but down his property line to a high power line right of way...no houses back there. Neighbor has a sense of humor and posted a note on his garage door that states...if you left your backpack here, contact the County High Sheriff as he is holding it for you!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT just went out and recovered his camo game camera from his front driveway...we shall see if KT got any appropriate footage! It was set out over a month ago to try and capture some videos of an 8 point buck we have seen in the neighborhood....maybe it got some 2 legged snoopers!?!

Dang that machine pulled from the backpack seems pretty sophisticated.

Sucks there are people like that around, etc. good on you and your neighbors to be aware and keep an eye out. Be interesting to see what your trail cam shows!

Be safe!

Dang that machine pulled from the backpack seems pretty sophisticated.

Sucks there are people like that around, etc. good on you and your neighbors to be aware and keep an eye out. Be interesting to see what your trail cam shows!

Be safe!

Neighbor has a game cam out too but pointed in the wrong direction to see them coming in!

Wow, I've never heard of that particular scheme with using such a device.

Most of us likely know to be careful not to put empty boxes out for trash pickup that advertise any expensive items we recently bought, but interesting that there are portable devices like that that criminals can get for such use.

Let us know if your game camera got any photos of who might be the perps, I'm sure the sheriff would like seeing any pics also, wonder if they checked the device for fingerprints ?

One thing is for certain, the Castle has beefed up its security and put the Royal Guards on alert!

Hey KT, is this one of your security guards ? :laughing:
wzhmCgF.gif

(if it's okay with you I can share this on the funny edits thread too :lol:)

security guards

Hey KT, is this one of your security guards ? :laughing:
wzhmCgF.gif

(if it's okay with you I can share this on the funny edits thread too :lol:)

might add a few small raptors running around the yard since they like to hunt in packs . I can imagine your beware of sign . :laughing:

Definitely keep us posted! We had issues with car looting in my area not long ago. Addicts can be unpredictable when cornered, be careful KT!

Hoochymama that's quite the story, and I'm glad all went well. Just can't have nuttin nice fo sho.:mad:

Hoochymama that's quite the story, and I'm glad all went well. Just can't have nuttin nice fo sho.:mad:

Yes, KT is glad no one had any trouble so far. My poor neighbor has for a couple of years suffered with incurable spinal cancer..that is why he needs to drive to his mail box, he just cannot walk the 200' to his box and make it back home. Very sad situation for his family, yet somehow every year he manages to get to the deer woods And always comes back successful! :yes::yes:

Wow, I've never heard of that particular scheme with using such a device.

Most of us likely know to be careful not to put empty boxes out for trash pickup that advertise any expensive items we recently bought, but interesting that there are portable devices like that that criminals can get for such use.

Let us know if your game camera got any photos of who might be the perps, I'm sure the sheriff would like seeing any pics also, wonder if they checked the device for fingerprints ?

Well, sad news on the game cam...apparently shortly after setting it out, the batteries went dead, so no vids. Royally Frustrating to say the least...8 aa bats down the tube. Oh well, KT will buy another pack of fresh copper tops and set it back out soon. :p:p

Rechargeable batteries will last MANY times longer in digital cameras than the best alkalines.

KT agrees, however, the use of the game camera is just an experiment....if it works out, then KT will purchase 8 rechargeable AA bats and a new charger.:D:D

I've been using this brand of rechargeable 9volts for my pinpointer and they have been working great, maybe their AA batteries are just as good ?

EBL 9volt batteries and charger

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084X8X45X/

EBL 8 rechargeable AA batteries with charger

https://www.amazon.com/EBL-AA-Rechargeable-Batteries-Individual/dp/B086GBGHY6

EBL store with various rechargeable batteries

https://www.amazon.com/stores/EBL/page/A748F468-BB41-4C67-A1E7-18FA3890EAE2

I've been using this brand of rechargeable 9volts for my pinpointer and they have been working great, maybe their AA batteries are just as good ?

EBL 9volt batteries and charger

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084X8X45X/

EBL 8 rechargeable AA batteries with charger

https://www.amazon.com/EBL-AA-Rechargeable-Batteries-Individual/dp/B086GBGHY6

EBL store with various rechargeable batteries

https://www.amazon.com/stores/EBL/page/A748F468-BB41-4C67-A1E7-18FA3890EAE2

Royal Thanks, GKL! :D:D

Back
Top Bottom