Usps

bergie

Forum Supporter
Ordered a package from Ohio December 5 still not here. Ordered one from Ohio A week later came in 4 days go figure. Near as I can tail the first one is still sitting at the post office.

Totally insane, parcel bouncing back and forth from South to North, eventually will make its way to Canada.

The usual delivery time from the US to Canada is about 10 days. Depending upon where a parcel is shipped from it goes directly from the drop off point to the Distribution hub then to Canada. On Oct 19, the parcel was pawned off to DHL, then to Canada Post.

The US Postal Service. Tracking starts at the very bottom. Item coming from Florida.
Arrived at my doorstep Oct 24th after making a couple more stops in Canada.

Oct 21, 2020
4:31am

IN TRANSIT TO DESTINATION COUNTRY
Des Plaines, Ill
------------------------------------------
Oct 21, 2020
3:41am

ARRIVED AT TERMINAL LOCATION
Des Plaines, Ill
--------------------------------------
Oct 20, 2020
10:37am

SCANNED INTO SACK/CONTAINER
Melrose Park, Ill
-----------------------------------------
Oct 20, 2020

PROCESSING COMPLETED AT ORIGIN
Melrose Park, Ill
--------------------------------------------------------
Oct 20, 2020

MANIFESTED FOR OUTBOUND TRANSPORTATION
Melrose Park, Ill
--------------------------------------------
Oct 19, 2020
5:24pm

PROCESSED
Melrose Park,Ill
------------------------------------------
Oct 19, 2020
4:46am

PACKAGE RECEIVED AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Melrose Park, Ill
----------------------------------------
Oct 16, 2020
1:03pm

Arrived at Consolidation Center. Shipment is being processed.
ERLANGER, KY 41018
-----------------------------------------------
Oct 16, 2020
7:10am

Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 8:00pm
ERLANGER, KY 41018
Oct 16, 2020
1:26am

Arrived at Post Office
ERLANGER, KY 41018
---------------------------------------
Oct 15, 2020
10:10am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
CINCINNATI OH DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Oct 15, 2020
7:52am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
LOUISVILLE KY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
-------------------------------------
Oct 15, 2020
2:19am

LOUISVILLE KY DISTRIBUTION CENTER
---------------------------------------
Oct 14, 2020
2:38pm

CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
-------------------------------------
Oct 14, 2020
2:15pm

---------------------------------
Oct 14, 2020
1:10pm

------------------------------
Oct 14, 2020
12:00am

In Transit to Next Facility
----------------------------
Oct 13, 2020
12:02pm

SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
--------------------------------
Oct 12, 2020

In Transit, Arriving On Time
-----------------------------
Oct 11, 2020

-------------------------
Oct 10, 2020

--------------------------
Oct 9, 2020
8:03pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
--------------------------
Oct 9, 2020
3:25pm

USPS in possession of item
CLARCONA, FL 32710
-------------------
Oct 9, 2020
9:06am

Tracking number provided

They are so upside down right now. I have a firearm being delivered from them right now since the 11th. It came from 3 hours away and had only been scanned in on the pickup. Wrote to their contact us page and they are just sending a copy and paste response of how covid is making them busy. Then I informed that it was a gun, and they had a lady call me to read me the email they sent. But she assured me that "they have people working 24 hours a day to sort packages to get everything delivered". I told her I doubted it since there's two hubs between me and the place it was sent from and it's now been 13 days. My first email back even said, wait to file an email until it was 5-7 days late. When I said it was 10 days late, they just sent the same email back minus the 5-7 lol.

They just need to be bought out by Amazon already.

Glad I'm not the only one having issues. I ordered something Dec. 4 from NYC and she waited about a week to get it out, then its made it way to Atlanta for a vacation because it sat there for a week. Then on to Knoxville for about 6 days finally arrived to Johnson City TN, 15 miles away, ONLY to be shipped back to Knoxville. Was a gift from my husband, now he is livid that I have nothing for Christmas to unwrap. Although I'm quite ticked, its fine cause I'm spoiled all year....

At least you guys can see your package move somewhere! My was only scanned in pickup. They did tell me it's most likely sitting in a container in the parking lot waiting to be sorted 😡

sending a copy and paste response of how covid is making them busy.

They sent me the same thing and never moved from the post office

Ha ha....KT ordered a couple of items from China...their tracking is a joke....it ended 8 days ago when it went out of their country....note always pops up on ebay above tracking...items likely delayed due to Corona virus. Any old excuse will do.

KT likes Amazon! One new distribution center 3 miles from the Castle and another to be built north of the Arkansas River only 15 miles away. When buying from ebay, KT always compares with Amazon, often finds the item not only cheaper but with free and faster delivery.

Ha ha....KT ordered a couple of items from China...their tracking is a joke....it ended 8 days ago when it went out of their country....note always pops up on ebay above tracking...items likely delayed due to Corona virus. Any old excuse will do.

KT likes Amazon! One new distribution center 3 miles from the Castle and another to be built north of the Arkansas River only 15 miles away. When buying from ebay, KT always compares with Amazon, often finds the item not only cheaper but with free and faster delivery.

Very seldom I ever buy anything from Amazon. I can usually find it cheaper somewhere else at least the things I want.

USPS is usually my choice of shippers EXCEPT during the Christmas season. FedX and UPS must hire extra help to keep there's on time. I'm waiting on a detector that was shipped priority on the 11th..
Call your post office for tracking info. They sometimes have more accurate tracking info than their websites.

When I mailed my package for the gift exchange, the woman circled the tracking number. Later I found out it didn't have enough numbers and didn't work.

USPS is usually my choice of shippers EXCEPT during the Christmas season. FedX and UPS must hire extra help to keep there's on time. I'm waiting on a detector that was shipped priority on the 11th..
Call your post office for tracking info. They sometimes have more accurate tracking info than their websites.

I did call our post office the guy couldn’t tell me any more than what I already knew.

USPS is one of the worst for getting packages delivered. There mail delivery is terrible too, they deliver mail around 1 day out of 6 or 8 days.

USPS is one of the worst for getting packages delivered. There mail delivery is terrible too, they deliver mail around 1 day out of 6 or 8 days.

Today, I got a Christmas card mailed from the same state I live in. It was mailed 12/15. Since I got another card today mailed from the same city (Hardy, VA) on 12/19, I don't know if I should blame the Hardy or Alexandria post office.

I got the e-mail stating that a piece of first class mail was to be delivered that day on 12/14, and it never arrived, so I can't rule out just more incompetence from the local post office here. The missing mail was photographed somewhere and the picture was on the e-mail, so I know *somebody* had it. My best hope is that it's on the way back to the sender because the substitute carrier that day was illiterate, or that at some point, an honest person at another house will run into the carrier and tell them that the mail was delivered to the wrong house.

-- Tom

This kinda says it all.

Attachments

• 20201226_153334.jpg
    20201226_153334.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 237
Nobody understands unless they work there, which I do. Nobody understands with covid going on that a lot of places are running on 30-40% work force. Nobody understands that we as carriers have nothing to do with what’s happening at the plants. It’s a shame the USPS is getting such a bad name for things that are basically out of our control. People staying home BECAUSE OF COVID are ordering and ordering and ordering. Parcels are up 150% with our work force being down 60-70%. Could any one of your businesses you work for succeed? Don’t mean to gripe I just get tired of hearing it over and over and over again. I do my job the best I can, I feel a lot of people don’t really appreciate what we do. Out there today in knee deep snow while hardly anyone plowed or shoveled. Just a shame people don’t appreciate our job.

Nobody understands unless they work there, which I do. Nobody understands with covid going on that a lot of places are running on 30-40% work force. Nobody understands that we as carriers have nothing to do with what’s happening at the plants. It’s a shame the USPS is getting such a bad name for things that are basically out of our control. People staying home BECAUSE OF COVID are ordering and ordering and ordering. Parcels are up 150% with our work force being down 60-70%. Could any one of your businesses you work for succeed? Don’t mean to gripe I just get tired of hearing it over and over and over again. I do my job the best I can, I feel a lot of people don’t really appreciate what we do. Out there today in knee deep snow while hardly anyone plowed or shoveled. Just a shame people don’t appreciate our job.

I am not saying you are at fault. We have had problems for years with USPS packages and mail delivery, so no excuses for the service that they provide or should I say they should provide. I have sent money orders to PA. from OH. and it took almost 3 weeks to get there. In our area the driver delivers mail every once in a while plus they deliver to the wrong house. I can see the delay this year with the covid scare, but what about all the other years?

I have no issues with the delivery people. We absolutely love our mail person. She goes out of her way to deliver our mail WHEN she gets it to deliver. If the usps could just get it from point A to point B without half dozen side trips all over the nation it would be good. It's not the delivery folks at all.

Thanks quicksilver82!

I think most realize, or at least I do, that the problem is not with out local mail person or counter clerk.

Appreciate all mail carries are doing during these stressful times!

Back
Top Bottom