Detectorists could be set to return?

Doug

Elite Member
"Detectorists could be set to return after creator Mackenzie Crook gave the strongest indication yet that he wants to revive the BBC Four comedy.

The writer, director and star of the metal-detecting sitcom, which finished after three series in 2017, has previously hinted that he was open to the idea of revisiting the cult show. Co-starring Toby Jones, Rachael Stirling and Lucy Benjamin, it revolves around the lives of detectorists in northern Essex.

Appearing on Zoe Ball's Radio 2 breakfast show to promote the Christmas Eve return of his BBC One Worzel Gummidge adaptation, he confirmed that "it's true, I am kind of thinking of it but I don't have any idea at the moment.

"I'm just starting the process of thinking 'yeah, we should get the old band back together'. One last time!"

Debuting in 2014, Detectorists attracted instant critical acclaim and won two BAFTA Awards, as well as the Rose d'Or for sitcom in 2018. The show was produced by Adam Tandy for Channel X and Lola Entertainment.

Series 3 ended with Andy (Crook) and Lance (Jones) seemingly finding both their literal and allegorical gold.

Unfortunately, cast member Diana Rigg, who played Veronica, Andy's mother-in-law, died in September of this year."

Please please!!! This would be great; I enjoyed the show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that show....couldn't get enough of it. I sure do hope it comes back.....and then back again after that....and maybe another time...you know....just your basic never ending show.

After hearing about the Detectorists here on this forum, I binge-watched the entire series over the course of a few days last year. When I saw Toby Jones as one of the two main characters, I thought, “where have I seen him before”. Turns out, he was one of the lead actors in a US based, Sci-Fi series a few years back, called “Wayward Pines”.

I hope another season of Detectorists materializes.

Back
Top Bottom