camo paint on the Royal Gun Rack is complete!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
His Majesty has had to wait several days until finally today was warm enough to start the camo painting of this gun rack. Started with a dark forest green for that is what KT wants for the color of the leaves. And am pressing the leaf stems now so that tomorrow His Majesty can come back and using them as stencils to finish the patterning on this rack. Keeping it simple this time...only two colors...army green and dark forest green. Once this is done, then it will dry overnight and two light coats of matte clear will be applied...Hopefully by Monday KT will be able to post in this thread the final mounted Man Cave gun rack. The color of the main walls in the Man Cave are light green, so just keeping with the green theme. :D:D. There is green felt where the guns contact the rack and that was covered with blue painter's tape before the base coats were applied.

Below is a pic of the base coats on the Royal Gun Rack. In the next pic, yet to be posted, you will see the patterning effect.

Attachments

• Gun rack base coats.jpg
    Gun rack base coats.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
If you paint the wall cameo where the gun rack will be and the guns on the rack are painted cameo, only you might know they are there :laughing:

If you paint the wall cameo where the gun rack will be and the guns on the rack are painted cameo, only you might know they are there :laughing:

:laughing::laughing: That is an idea! But KT doubts the Queen will approve that idea! And above all, KT intends to keep peace in the Royal Family. Beside if KT did that how could He take a picture so anyone could see his craftmanship?:?::?:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

It was finally warm enough this past Sunday afternoon to complete the painting of the Royal Gun Rack. The design is simple. Leaf patterns on a base coat, but it is effective and with camo, whatever the pattern that pleases the painter is fine.

So late Sunday afternoon, between football games, KT got the rack mounted on the wall and two long guns hung on it. The lower is a short barrel 12 gauge Pardner and the upper gun, needing to be painted is a Marlin Model 60 .22lr. It needs refinishing as it has light rust spotted around on the metal and numerous small dents, nicks and scratches in the wood stock.

So KT took a couple of pictures, the first at an angle so the pattern on the ends can be seen, and a second picture is straight on.

Still waiting on additional signs from eBay before hanging all of them and taking an overview picture.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas to all our Forum Members!

Attachments

• Royal Gun Rack01.jpg
    Royal Gun Rack01.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Royal Gun Rack02.jpg
    Royal Gun Rack02.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 178
Nicely done! I had the same marlin tube feed 22, nice little rifle, seemed to really like the cci stingers.

Well done your highness. I too had the 22 but sold it many years ago. It was a very accurate firearm.

Well done your highness. I too had the 22 but sold it many years ago. It was a very accurate firearm.

Yes, the Marlin 60 has what is they called a microgrooved barrel which is inherently more accurate than just a rifled barrel. It was the most popular .22lr semi-auto in the world until the Ruger 10-22 came out. And there are still plenty of us older fellows that like it better...a bit more streamlined, but not many accessories for it, compared to the Ruger. Royal Thanks for commenting, hoser!

One thing KT did do, but has not posted a pic of it yet is paint the flat plate tv antenna army green! His Majesty decided that black plate on the Man Cave wall looked crappy! Ha ha. Also painted the coax cable that goes to the tv the same color, just so it does not stand out so much! :laughing::laughing::lol:

Yes, the Marlin 60 has what is they called a microgrooved barrel which is inherently more accurate than just a rifled barrel. It was the most popular .22lr semi-auto in the world until the Ruger 10-22 came out. And there are still plenty of us older fellows that like it better...a bit more streamlined, but not many accessories for it, compared to the Ruger. Royal Thanks for commenting, hoser!

I have a Marlin 60 that came into our pawn Shop. I got it for thirty-five dollars because the outside is solid rust but the bore is clean. It will be a simple fix but I live in an apartment with no guns allowed. I haven't been able to fix it yet.

I have a Marlin 60 that came into our pawn Shop. I got it for thirty-five dollars because the outside is solid rust but the bore is clean. It will be a simple fix but I live in an apartment with no guns allowed. I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Is the metal pitted or just covered with red rust..if pitted, a pro needs to do it and reblue, but if its just red rust, then 0000 steel wool it gently and wipe off with gun oiled cotton rag, then redo that a couple more times, and you will be surprised how nice it could be without having to reblue. It could require a complete tear down, cleaning and re-oil as it is reassembled. If the inside of the barrel has no rust, then it likely is salvagable into a good shooter! :yes::yes: Royal Thanks for your comment, Silversmith45!

Lovely work once again your Highness ! I'd bet a Ruger semi 22 Pistol would look wild done in camo . It would certainly be a rarity . As a matter of fact I've never heard of any kind of Pistol done in camo .

Lovely work once again your Highness ! I'd bet a Ruger semi 22 Pistol would look wild done in camo . It would certainly be a rarity . As a matter of fact I've never heard of any kind of Pistol done in camo .

KT has seen several different semi-auto pistols done in different tactical patterns, some look pretty wicked! :cool::cool: shades of gray urban is KT's Royal Pick!

Is the metal pitted or just covered with red rust..if pitted, a pro needs to do it and reblue, but if its just red rust, then 0000 steel wool it gently and wipe off with gun oiled cotton rag, then redo that a couple more times, and you will be surprised how nice it could be without having to reblue. It could require a complete tear down, cleaning and re-oil as it is reassembled. If the inside of the barrel has no rust, then it likely is salvagable into a good shooter! :yes::yes: Royal Thanks for your comment, Silversmith45!

It isn't pitted. I have refinished firearms before and went to gunsmithing school after I got out of the Army. I don't really care because it will be just a knock-about .22 anyway. The bore is clean so it should shoot just fine.

Back
Top Bottom