Coronavirus: High risk group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug

Elite Member
Drastic measures issued last evening by the UK government with most of the UK now on lockdown.

There is a letter on its way from H M Government which will effectively quarantine my wife and I for possibly up to 12 weeks in the home but able to go out for specified reasons laid down by the government.

Age related and underlying health issues puts us both in the high risk group.

Obviously MD'ing will be taking a back seat but seeing some of my finds have been in the ground for thousands of years so 12 weeks will not make much difference!

Stay safe and I will see you the other side.

Doug and Mrs Doug.

"You are strongly advised to stay at home at all times and avoid any face-to-face contact for a period of at least 12 weeks from the day you receive your letter.

Please note that this period of time could change."

Hang in there Doug & Mrs Doug! :cool3:

This IS a Worldwide Pandemic so we all need to do what is necessary to help each other.

I'm normally all for defying government, just out of general principle, but when it comes to this I'm going to be a good little sheep and do what I am told. The lower we can keep numbers the less chance we have of overwhelming health care, and Dad and his nursing home friends can at least have a fighting chance.

We are finally being told we can help save the world by sitting on a couch in front of the tv and not doing anything. Why are people trying to screw this up? I may gain 20 pounds, look like a fat Fabio since the barbers closed, but when all is said and done at least I can say I did my part.

Good luck Doug. Understand you, as i am in such situations for almost 5 weeks now.

Follow the advices and avoid risks.
Stay healthy!! I want to see your next great finds.

We are finally being told we can help save the world by sitting on a couch in front of the tv and not doing anything. Why are people trying to screw this up? I may gain 20 pounds, look like a fat Fabio since the barbers closed, but when all is said and done at least I can say I did my part.

:laughing:

Fortunately I use one of those "Robo-Cut" home hair cutting devices that hooks to a vacuum cleaner.

As far as exercise, we live in a semi-rural area and have 1 1/2 acres of yard that needs some springtime work and the grass is starting to grow too high, so we'll get some exercise and sunshine in the safety of our own yard.

…….no offense and this is not personally directed at you, it's just meant to give people some stress-reducing laughter, but your comment:

"We are finally being told we can help save the world by sitting on a couch in front of the tv and not doing anything."

…reminded me of this funny picture someone posted online which I added to this thread here:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3206587#post3206587

…...but hey, sheltering-in-place can have it's own challenges and it's important to maintain a sense of humor and not allow yourself to get depressed from having to be out of your normal routine.

Update.

My wife and I are keeping well and abiding by the instructions outlined below.

Please note these instructions are for the UK only.

"Under strict measures to fight the coronavirus outbreak announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson earlier this week, people are only allowed to leave the house for specific reasons:

Shopping for "basic necessities", as infrequently as possible.

One form of exercise a day such as a run, walk or cycle.

Medical reasons, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person.

Travelling to and from work, but only if it is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home.

All of the measures will last for three weeks from 23 March before being reviewed."

Hunker down and ride it out Doug. Just read that your PM, Boris Johnson , tested positive.

Please note below is for England only.

"Anyone continuing to break coronavirus lockdown rules will be breaking the law and faces arrest.

People ignoring tougher restrictions on movement could be hit with a £60 fine initially and another for £120 for a second offence.

New powers given to police in England mean no-one will be allowed to leave their home "without reasonable excuse".

The measures come into force on Thursday and will last six months, with a review every three weeks.

To ensure people stay at home and avoid non-essential travel, police will be able to order people to go home, leave an area or disperse.

The new powers mean officers can:

.ensure parents are doing all they can to stop their children breaking the rules

.issue a £60 fixed penalty, lowered to £30 if paid within 14 days

.issue a £120 fixed penalty for second-time offenders, doubling on each further repeat offence.

Anyone who does not pay can be taken to court, with magistrates able to impose unlimited fines.

If they still refuse to comply, police can arrest them".

"However, the Home Office, in announcing the new rules, said that "in the first instance, the police will always apply their common sense and discretion."

Doug,

We in the USA have now almost 100,000 cases and 1,429 deaths. Our state (California) is third in the number of cases (4,202), after New York (44,635) and New Jersey (6,876).

The scary part is that the number of cases in California is still doubling every three days, so we are about 12 days behind New York at the rate we are going.

Doug,

We in the USA have now almost 100,000 cases and 1,429 deaths. Our state (California) is third in the number of cases (4,202), after New York (44,635) and New Jersey (6,876).

The scary part is that the number of cases in California is still doubling every three days, so we are about 12 days behind New York at the rate we are going.

We here had a doubling in 3 days. And now doubling is gone, being at the contamination factor 1 (below is withdraw). We are now (5 weeks later) waiting for the breaking point right at this moment, which looks to be comming. Hoping hard!

Goes hard overthere. :( I feel sorry for you.
Beware! Keep good distance! Don't shake hands and stay reluctant in practical social contacts. Protect the sick and elderly!
Seems to be working overhere.

We here had a doubling in 3 days. And now doubling is gone, being at the contamination factor 1 (below is withdraw). We are now (5 weeks later) waiting for the breaking point right at this moment, which looks to be comming. Hoping hard!

Goes hard overthere. :( I feel sorry for you.
Beware! Keep good distance! Don't shake hands and stay reluctant in practical social contacts. Protect the sick and elderly!
Seems to be working overhere.

Looks like your government and its citizens are doing the right thing. Hopefully they won't remove the restrictions too soon and get a restart of the infection.

Although the govenment has not issued any quarantines here they are telling folks to stay home. People started self isolating a few weeks ago and everyone I know is doing that. Hopefully it will contain this so the eventual big numbers that they are sure to see will be lessened. As it sits we only have 848 confirmed cases in the country but that number could rise quite a bit in the next few weeks.
I'll be staying home until this thing calms down...

Looks like your government and its citizens are doing the right thing. Hopefully they won't remove the restrictions too soon and get a restart of the infection.

Waiting for answer on such statement right now.
Now we come near sealings in health care. About now it is going to show if we are going to make it.
New numbers. Today gave a slight fallback. :no:
It's exciting at this moment were we will go to. Which side the balance will flip to.

No much less then what Doug shows, but we here (national first point) are about 5 weeks guarding for it, and in the rest of our country it's now rising as we had it for about 2-2,5 weeks ago.
Did they the rest of the country learn from us and did they do the right thing? Or is it going to explode there? That's were were at.

A lot of non-risk people in my erea seem to already have had it with minimal symptoms and seem to be resistent already. We seem te be resistent to.
My wife working in health care is confronted daily with corona patients for a while now, and more then once that was unprotected by surprise infections (later confirmed), but untill now still didn't get it. As we all here in the house didn't.

I suggest you overthere follow up what Doug (UK) :thumbsup: and i (EU) said. Looks like that is the sollution to at least slightly dominate this virus.
If i'm right your government says simular. Don't they?
Especially guard for people who already have medical problems and for the elder! They are seriously at risk!!
Please really do NOT underestimate this!

People gathering is forbidden here. All events canceled until may.
Even celebration of our King (like your 4th july) is canceled.
Three persons max (direct family members living together excluded).
Even max three guests at your home, weddings with max 15 people (most are canceled), no big birthday parties at home.
Funerals are forbidden, as people gather there. Only some family members may be there.
This is how funerals are done overhere right now. 2 yards distance between persons required by covid-restrictions.

45d34cae-e332-4573-8314-b6dbaea89933.jpg

Last edited:
I posted a video on a viral infection simulator the other day. It really illustrates the efficacy of different actions people and government can take.

Drastic measures issued last evening by the UK government with most of the UK now on lockdown.

There is a letter on its way from H M Government which will effectively quarantine my wife and I for possibly up to 12 weeks in the home but able to go out for specified reasons laid down by the government.

Age related and underlying health issues puts us both in the high risk group.

Obviously MD'ing will be taking a back seat but seeing some of my finds have been in the ground for thousands of years so 12 weeks will not make much difference!

Stay safe and I will see you the other side.

Doug and Mrs Doug.

"You are strongly advised to stay at home at all times and avoid any face-to-face contact for a period of at least 12 weeks from the day you receive your letter.

Please note that this period of time could change."

Your country isn't the only one with such measures.

Keep a stiff upper lip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom