Today's kidsšŸ˜³

Thatā€™s sad. Iā€™m right on 60 years. Remind me of my dad, heā€™s 85. He canā€™t handle contemporary music either. He last listened to Glenn Miller back in 1965. Now he listens to Rush! Limbaugh. :cool3:

60??? Dang i wish i was that young. Jan 2 made my 80th trip around the sun. And no i do not consider todays offerings to be music.

But i do still enjoy the music that my metal detector makes when i swing it over a good target.

60??? Dang i wish i was that young. Jan 2 made my 80th trip around the sun. And no i do not consider todays offerings to be music.

But i do still enjoy the music that my metal detector makes when i swing it over a good target.
Congrats on your 80th, and still a swinger!

Hey Iā€™m a kid and I love older music. Not sure I can even call this new stuff ā€œmusicā€... and if Iā€™m in the same house as someone I get off my butt and go talk to them, I donā€™t text them!

Hey Iā€™m a kid and I love older music. Not sure I can even call this new stuff ā€œmusicā€... and if Iā€™m in the same house as someone I get off my butt and go talk to them, I donā€™t text them!

Good for you Coinboy ! I wish I was more active as a kid but too much junk food and not enough activity as a kid had me as an overweight kid back then, and I found out that it's easier to stay in shape than to get back into shape :lol: (got back into shape later in my teens, got out of shape by my 30's, got back into shape at 50 and pretty much maintaining though I could stand to loose a few pounds, but nothing like I used to be :lol:) (I tend to gain some weight over the winter, but more detecting during the summer helps me stay in better shape)
.....I think the 60's might have the the last decade they made contemporary music (on a regular basis) I could enjoy :lol:

Anyhow, this thread reminded me of this song called "Kids" from a musical back in 1963 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Good for you Coinboy ! I wish I was more active as a kid but too much junk food and not enough activity as a kid had me as an overweight kid back then, and I found out that it's easier to stay in shape than to get back into shape :lol: (got back into shape later in my teens, got out of shape by my 30's, got back into shape at 50 and pretty much maintaining though I could stand to loose a few pounds, but nothing like I used to be :lol:) (I tend to gain some weight over the winter, but more detecting during the summer helps me stay in better shape)
.....I think the 60's might have the the last decade they made contemporary music (on a regular basis) I could enjoy :lol:

Anyhow, this thread reminded me of this song called "Kids" from a musical back in 1963 :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Hahaha! I would have to agree the 60s have the best music. Kind of hard to be active during covid since thereā€™s no school sports but I do my best.

Hahaha! I would have to agree the 60s have the best music. Kind of hard to be active during covid since thereā€™s no school sports but I do my best.

Hey, I look at metal detecting as a fun way to exercise, so even the hunts where I don't find much I still feel good about the exercise and fresh air I was able to get !

Hey, I look at metal detecting as a fun way to exercise, so even the hunts where I don't find much I still feel good about the exercise and fresh air I was able to get !

Yeah! I wonder if I should put ā€œmetal detectingā€ on my phys Ed activity logs :laughing::laughing:

THIS is from the good music era, my newest restoration project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdspHAtxIik

Neat that it still works !!!! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of an old huge wooden radio that still worked with the big tubes (instead of transistors) that we had maybe somewhere about 30 or so years ago. Also reminded me of an old tube based shortwave radio that worked (from when I was a kid).

Hope the restoration goes well !

Some people have gone absolutely nutty with their phones. There have been MANY times when I enter a men's room in a supermarket, Walmart, or restaurant and there's a guy sitting on the throne talking to someone on his phone. How important was the conversation that it couldn't wait until after exiting the john?

Multitasking...:laughing:

Yalls tastes in music leave me cold. I did not know that there had been any decent music in the past 50 or so years. Xm radio in my car is always on Willies road House or fifties on five. But then i am an OLD Phart.

You remind me of the blues brothers in the country bar. They asked what kind of music do you play here? And the lady says Both kinds, country and western.:lol::lol:

Some people have gone absolutely nutty with their phones. There have been MANY times when I enter a men's room in a supermarket, Walmart, or restaurant and there's a guy sitting on the throne talking to someone on his phone. How important was the conversation that it couldn't wait until after exiting the john?

I would have gone to a urinal and hit the flush bar/button, so the person on the other end could here where he was. I had always thought it was impolite to do phone business while you were doing your other "business".

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom