• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Been a Rough Week...

medicchief

Forum Supporter
I was so blessed with having great parents, not everyone can say that. I lost my father 12 years ago this month and my mother continued on until last Saturday night. She was 90 years old. She had a great life and I have no doubt she is finally back with my father. That said, she spent the last year and a half in assisted living. Everything was great until last March, when COVID reared it's ugly head. Since then they have kept all of the residents isolated. We could only see mom through the window when we would visit. It was really sad to watch the isolation suck the life out of her. It wasn't until she became terminally ill that we actually got to hold her hand. I called her every night to check on her and tell her I loved her.....now I'm lost. Every evening I look at the clock now and remind myself to not wait too late to call her, only to remember she's gone. Such a sense of loss and emptiness. I'm thankful for this hobby and forum, it's kept me from losing my mind. God bless and please pray for the elderly still in isolation.....

I'm sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have them. And yes always pray for those in need.

Sorry for your loss, but you gotta remember the good times. Change is the hardest thing we all deal with but good memories make it easier.

KT prays for you in your loss. He prays that you find the strength with our Lord's assistance to continue on, remembering that she is in a far better place and no longer misses her husband, but is right there with him. Those remaining are the ones who suffer for the loss.

So very sorry for your loss!

This virus has effected so many families with loss and grief.

Back
Top Bottom