camo paint on the Royal Gun Rack is complete!

Yes, the Marlin 60 has what is they called a microgrooved barrel which is inherently more accurate than just a rifled barrel. It was the most popular .22lr semi-auto in the world until the Ruger 10-22 came out. And there are still plenty of us older fellows that like it better...a bit more streamlined, but not many accessories for it, compared to the Ruger. Royal Thanks for commenting, hoser!

I love the Marlin 60. I got one for my nephew for his first gun. Turns out he's just not really into guns. I kind of wish I'd kept it. Oh well.

I love the Marlin 60. I got one for my nephew for his first gun. Turns out he's just not really into guns. I kind of wish I'd kept it. Oh well.

You just never know, I have my dad's Ruger 10-22 he bought in 1965, I have the receipt and all the little goodies that came with it, he paid $58 dollars for it at Weatherby in South Gate where I grew up. I plan on giving it to my grandson in a couple of years, he's 7 now.

It took KT years to discover the Marlin Model 60. The first one was found at a pawn shop and is in excellent condition so no plans to refinish it. The second one was recovered from a different pawn shop and has some cosmetic conditions...also looks like it has never been cleaned. KT thinks it is a good candidate for camo paint. Still trying to figure out what pattern and colors would look good, KT is thinking more of a gray basecoat and then grass and leaves might look interesting or tiger stripe, have not decided yet. A good cleaning is in order first. May show images of it disassembled in a new thread. :D

Back
Top Bottom