• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Hunt with the Legend

MidTN

This is the best day of coin hunting I ever had. Very first day out with the Legend. This is the same site I found the 2, Buff's and a Merc last week. I hunted this side of the yard last year with the Nox 600, and missed these. These are the first Barbers I have ever found and to find 3, in one day is just crazy. All were about 5-6 inches down and about 3 feet apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0657[1].JPG
    IMG_0657[1].JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0659[2].jpg
    IMG_0659[2].jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0661[1].jpg
    IMG_0661[1].jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0663[1].JPG
    IMG_0663[1].JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 366
Great to hear that the Legend is working out for you an others. Great finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the triple Barbers and a very successful maiden voyage with the Legend. I'd hit that place from every possible angle. Good luck, Mark

This is the best day of coin hunting I ever had. Very first day out with the Legend. This is the same site I found the 2, Buff's and a Merc last week. I hunted this side of the yard last year with the Nox 600, and missed these. These are the first Barbers I have ever found and to find 3, in one day is just crazy. All were about 5-6 inches down and about 3 feet apart.

hot damn! great hunt! you hunted this site and area with 600,and the legend found all these? wow! so what do you think was the reason why? just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

so how big an area where these were found? you may have just missed hitting them with the 600?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

so how big an area where these were found? you may have just missed hitting them with the 600?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Each were within 3 feet of each other 5-6 inches deep. The Nox would have hit these, I just missed them last year. Always wanted to find a Barber Quarter and finding 3, in one hunt was crazy. The front yard is about 20'x 30' on the left side of the sidewalk. Hope to find a SLQ next.

Great start what else did you find?

Did not know what I had until Stetam identified the casing. Found the casing in the same yard as the Barbers. 41 Swiss Vetterli Bolt Action Rifle. 1869 - 1871.

Attachments

• IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 246

Sorry to revive your old thread, I just got a legend. What did the silvers ring up as number wise on the vdi??

Back
Top Bottom