• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

One more for the pile

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
The parks are getting wore out, I need to hit some permissions. Didn’t usto be like this, 5 silvers a day was easy 10 years ago. I’m gonna hafto Deter these guys coming in to my parks somehow,they’re digging everything up and leaving nothing for the working guy. Must be nice to be retired..lol... 1961 Rosie and a few wheats is all

Attachments

• 53302978-C167-443C-B62A-D430A9204A7C.jpg
    53302978-C167-443C-B62A-D430A9204A7C.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 390
  • F79466FC-CDFA-4EBA-9A4D-D821D1A03BB2.jpg
    F79466FC-CDFA-4EBA-9A4D-D821D1A03BB2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 389
The parks are getting wore out, I need to hit some permissions. Didn’t usto be like this, 5 silvers a day was easy 10 years ago. I’m gonna hafto Deter these guys coming in to my parks somehow,they’re digging everything up and leaving nothing for the working guy. Must be nice to be retired..lol... 1961 Rosie and a few wheats is all

Ya the parks are rough goin... the one park I found in the last few yrs was great ..but I'm lucky I was the one that finished it off...

1 silver from a park is a good day nowadays

I know you want to blame us old retirees Pete for lack of targets but it is just that as this hobby grows there are more mouths at the trough. Less for us all. I cannot locate any public sites that have not been pounded in my area. For most part I must travel at a minimum of a hour to find sites with enough targets to keep me entertained. So my friend we share the same plight. The only answer is as you spoke ... private grounds. Celebrate the booty of these circumstances as even a single Rosie is a treasure. Trapper

I know you want to blame us old retirees Pete for lack of targets but it is just that as this hobby grows there are more mouths at the trough. Less for us all. I cannot locate any public sites that have not been pounded in my area. For most part I must travel at a minimum of a hour to find sites with enough targets to keep me entertained. So my friend we share the same plight. The only answer is as you spoke ... private grounds. Celebrate the booty of these circumstances as even a single Rosie is a treasure. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, I was only kidding about the retired people..lol.. But I agree,more and more people are getting into the hobbie and things get worse and worse for finds. I haven't started in the midtones yet in my parks,only cherry pick nickels so far. So I'm gonna hafto widen my midrange targets and hope for gold..

Oh wait. this is not a Deus ll thread.:lol: The Equinox comes through again. Congrats on the Rosie and wheats Pete. I'm retired and hit the old parks and I have been left to find what the guys back in the day missed. And the 800 does a pretty good job. And most times if I find silver its just a single.
Did you see, it didn't take Rudy long to boot us for kabitzin on the classifieds. lol I couldn't resist, I recognized that rig as soon as I saw it. Maybe one day in the not too distant future you can bring your Deus ll down to one of the city parks and see if it can really punch through the iron. I have just the place, I call it the field of screams. Good luck. Mark

Hey, that looks like a pretty good hunt to me! Congrats on the silver & wheat cents! :grin:

that's usually enough for most of 'em!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Silver has always been scarce in Metro Atlanta. Back during the industrial revolution, the north had lots of neighborhoods and pretty decent wages.

In Atlanta, you had a few wealthy people and mostly poor people. Now most of the wealthy people's homes in metro Atlanta have torn down for the ever going progress.

So my strategy for finding silver was to buy a CTX3030 and cherry pick as much ground as possible as quickly as possible.

Hey, leave us old folks out of it :laughing:

Just think, had you been born 175 years earlier you could have been detecting a whole lotta gold and silver.

Think about it :p

Congrats on the finds!

Congrats on the silver!! If I only hunted parks I’d quit detecting. You can hunt for hours at mine and be lucky to find clad. Silver and wheats are impossible to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom