Hi and many thanks for accepting me.

Brewser

Hello all.
Very happy to be part of the forum.
Im a bit of a novice detectorist and took it up really as a way to try and relax.
I live in Scotland and i hope you dont mind someone from over here joining in with yourselves.
Behind my house are fields and in one of these around 300 metres away there is a large man made hill ( knowe in Scotland ) on which a castle once stood, absolutely no trace now.
The area around the castle was flooded and served as a moat but was drained hundreds of years ago and is now agriculteral.
A lot of history surrounds the area with the castle being taken by the English in the 1300s and retaken by the Scots in the same century. It was basically destroyed in the 1600s by Cromwells parliamantarian forces as Scotland was mainly loyal to the Stuart kings of the time.
I have been no further than 3 or 4 fields that surround the knowe and have found medieval coins, musket balls, arrow heads and the usual dont knows ! Hopefully i can share these pictures with you at some point. I really enjoy the discussions and pictures on here. Thank you.

Update: again many thanks for the very warm welcome and the advice i have been given. I have created an album and started to upload pics to it, i hope you all enjoy seeing whats unearthed over here. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Welcome from PA and yes, post some pics of your finds please! And BTW, my great, great grandfather was a shipbuilder in Glasgow. Name was Nesbit.

Steve

Thanks to all. I have added a few more pictures and descriptions into album .
Not sure how to alert all who may want to see the album.
Still learning the way to navigate the site....its an age thing !

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing your finds , Sounds lie a great place to detect with that kind of history. You have ancient history there that many of us over here can only dream about Just checked out your photo album on your home page very nice.

Thanks to all. I have added a few more pictures and descriptions into album .
Not sure how to alert all who may want to see the album.
Still learning the way to navigate the site....its an age thing !

Might start a new thread on here titled pictures of some of my Scottish finds in my home page Album or you could edit your first post and add see my photo album on my home page.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom