Colonial NEVER gets old!

ollievon

Elite Member
Farmers are cutting fields now and my season starts again!!! I'm so excited to hit the cornfields and hayfields, it's been too long!

I hit a field across the street from where I believe house from 1770 once stood and has given up some pretty good finds over the years (Reales, Buttons, Draped Busts, Capped dime, etc.); but it's been hit numerous times by me and one other guy - no one else had ever been there from all that we found over the years. I had believed it totally cleaned...but I ended up buying an XP Deus from Bart at Big Boys since there is an INSANE deal right now...or was and figured it was time to change from my ML Explorer Pro to a Deus.

The Deus in the Hot program just killed this field left and right, I could not believe what it picked up on the other machines could not even get a sniff...the Deus is legit, no doubt.

Enjoy the finds, it was a great day and yes, I'm definitely going back this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_2203.jpg
    IMG_2203.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 548
  • 65305856251__A24FC1B5-FA25-4BAC-9C89-67A2428F9AD0 (1).jpg
    65305856251__A24FC1B5-FA25-4BAC-9C89-67A2428F9AD0 (1).jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 548
Congrats, great day out with your new detector. The 1776 coin is amazing and would make anyone’s day a success but it’s the artifacts puts it over the top for me. Excellent.

Wowie! Awesome site you got there. I would love to see the complete set of things from that site in one picture!

My part of Texas was Comanche territory back then.

Congrats! I have not used the Hot program on my Deus much but think I'll try it out more seeing the success you've had with it.

That's a nice Charles III Spanish Empire real (⅛ of a Spanish Dollar--see: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_dollar) with a superb and meaningful date. Largely owing to chronic coin shortages those remained legal tender in the USA until just a few years before the Civil War. I'd like to see the other side, which may have a mintmark to the lower left of the shield.

I should also mention that the keylike object shown at upper left of the other photo appears to be a winding key for a pocket watch or other small clock. So, keep looking! Maybe the watch is there too!

Back
Top Bottom