Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 04-06-2021, 10:24 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by medicchief View post
I love music too! Guitars/Stratocasters have caused me to leave this hobby and come back a couple of times. I got into doing fret work and setups for people and it ended up being too much like work...lol. Same way with weapons as well....
Cool! Good to hear. It seems I've met a lot of people who do some combination of music, culinary, and geological-type hobbies or careers. It seems to all be part of the same circuit or vibration.

I'm not sure where firearms fit in.

I've thought of maybe doing light gunsmithing as a semi-retirement thing. There's a gunsmithing school near me. It costs about $22k and 18mos to get a certificate. Maybe I could be a part time gunsmith for a small shop and just not take on more work than I can chew...when I finally have no teeth!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:50 PM
Elite Member

Fly fishing is really the only type of fishing I am interested in. So much to dive into and keep you occupied. Sometime you just gotta fish, no shame in dropping the detector for a little bit.

1 members found this post helpful.