Early morning visitors at the Castle! Update!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
The Queen, always an earlier riser than His Majesty, captured these two visitors to the Castle's back yard 3 days ago. Then we had a report from a neighbor that this morning they were grazing on the front lawn!:D:D Just added another picture that the Queen gave me.

This spring's fawn and its doe...last year the Queen spotted an 8 point buck in the Castle's back yard, but before His Majesty could get out of his Royal Lounge Chair and look out the window, he had slipped into the adjacent woods! :lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• Doe and this Springs fawn Castle backyard 2021 August.jpg
    Doe and this Springs fawn Castle backyard 2021 August.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 175
  • Doe and fawn 2021 backyard.jpg
    Doe and fawn 2021 backyard.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
When still living on our farm, I could open my front door and watch deer walk across about less than 100 yards from me. They must have had a path they followed.

When still living on our farm, I could open my front door and watch deer walk across about less than 100 yards from me. They must have had a path they followed.

KT certainly understands. His Majesty believes the deer here enjoy munching on the tender new grass shoots that spring up after the grass is mowed! KT's uncle had a dairy farm and every opening day he would simply open the back screen door to his house and shoot a nice buck out of his pasture. They were constantly mingling with his dairy cows, so he would take his pick! :laughing::laughing:

Before I moved there was a water tower about 1/4 mile behind my house I would walk up to and detect in the evenings, found some goodies up there. There always used to be between 5-10 of them wandering around on the hill with me. Whenever I would get down to dig a plug they would come up to within about 20-25 feet and just watch. When I got up they would back away some but seem quite content trying to figure out what I was doing.

Before I moved there was a water tower about 1/4 mile behind my house I would walk up to and detect in the evenings, found some goodies up there. There always used to be between 5-10 of them wandering around on the hill with me. Whenever I would get down to dig a plug they would come up to within about 20-25 feet and just watch. When I got up they would back away some but seem quite content trying to figure out what I was doing.

Sounds like some kids KT encountered on some of the Totlots His Majesty used to hunt! Very curious they are! Perhaps trying to see what plants they thought you were eating?! :laughing::laughing:

KT, hope you don’t mind if I add this photo to your thread, this was taken at my aunt’s house although they look through the window at my home also.

Attachments

• D40CF2EE-91B6-4809-B240-1357D36E941B.jpg
    D40CF2EE-91B6-4809-B240-1357D36E941B.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom