• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Vaccine Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you and your wife are up and about and 100% well soon !
Thanks. I felt real bad about 1/2 hour ago.
105 degree heat index but I was freezing and shaking uncontrollably. Got in the bed and under the covers. That was no help. 99 % O2 Sat rate, 88 heart rate. Temperature was 98.4. My heart rate is normally low 60's because of working out often. I noticed I was extremely hungry because Mrs. atomicbrh has us on a Hanoi Hilton menu since we are sick. I got up. Put on a hoodie sweatshirt, fired up a burner and cooked 1/2 pack of steakum. Ate that and two small fajitas. No condiments or sides. Shakes stopped. I am no where near diabetic and have no way to check glucose level but I think that was low blood sugar.

Our country is free, but yet so many people want to judge and say this occupation or that occupation needed to be mandated to get the vaccine. It’s a little contradictory if you ask me. The likelihood that you’re going to get flu like symptoms is a probability, the .04% chance you’ll die from it is a joke.
Why do you say I’ll get flu like symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator:
COVID-19 is an RNA virus, subject to mutation, much like the 1918-1919 "Spanish" flu virus (a swine flu) that killed millions in the pandemic. I'm counting on at least some immunity from the vaccination I got. I may still get the virus, but hopefully, I'll have some ability to fight it off.

I can only hope that it eventually mutates to a less virulent/severe strain. For right now, I'll have to get whatever shots are necessary and wear masks when I go out in groups.

-- Tom

Well Tom,

Here is some good news for you.

According to the latest data from the CDC, less than 0.004% of people fully vaccinated against Covid-19 experienced a breakthrough case resulting in hospitalization and less than 0.001% have died from the disease.

The data highlights what leading health experts across the country have said for months: Covid-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing serious illness and death from Covid-19 and are the country's best shot at slowing the pandemic down and avoiding further suffering.

The CDC reported 6,587 Covid-19 breakthrough cases as of July 26, including 6,239 hospitalizations and 1,263 deaths. At that time, more than 163 million people in the United States were fully vaccinated against Covid-19.

Here is a good video on the risk associated with a COVID-19 infection that could either put you in the hospital or kill you based on age and the general health of individuals.

https://youtu.be/I43zOlhyucY

There is about a dozen words that you can't even say on Youtube or they won't upload the video. Any video on youtube regarding covid , vaccines, etc. has been "approved" for viewing.

Wink wink.

What I find sad about this whole we/them discussion is that those being called "sheep", for wearing a mask or getting the vaccination, are doing it only because of those who are calling them sheep and refusing to wear a mask or get the vaccination. In short, for caring. Not saying they don't care, but that they have let politics take the lead.

I agree that COVID is here to stay. Now that we have let mutation begin, like with the annual flu, the ever changing virus will need constant attention. We had the chance to kill it, but we let politics in the way, now it is here to stay.

Take this to the bank. 10 years from now the COVID/SARS vaccination will be a common shot, if not added to the annual flu vaccination like others.

Last edited:
You don't find 617,000 deaths to date and about 700 new deaths per day disturbing?

The source you are getting the info from is just throwing numbers out there for anyone to believe.

Before I would believe them I need to see proof of what they are saying.

Do you actually know of anyone that really died from what they are calling covid?

Maybe the insurance companies should get together and agree that starting say october 1st they will stop paying claims for hospital bills due to covid infections for unvaccinated people. Do you have ANY idea how much a week in the icu being intubated would cost? Maybe THAT would work to convince people to get the vaccine...

Sure just as long as they also refuse cancer treatment for smokers, heart bypass for obese people, treatment for drug addicts etc........

The source you are getting the info from is just throwing numbers out there for anyone to believe.

Before I would believe them I need to see proof of what they are saying.

Do you actually know of anyone that really died from what they are calling covid?

Do you really believe they're lying about the number of deaths? I not only know many but have seen the bodies personally. Of course, you can deny it and make the claim the death certificates have been falsified, but you're really getting into the realm of delusional paranoia here.

Pretty easy for even an amateur to walk in the ICU and see half the patients intubated to know they have COVID.

What’s more deadly? The flu or covid? Why are people able to CHOOSE whether they want the flu shot but people are freaking about making it mandated to get the covid shot?

There is flu that goes around every year but nobody can mention it now.
As far as doctors and nurses wearing mask, they have been wearing them for years around surgery.

And as far as shots go... my body.... my choice.
No dictating mandates tell me what to do.

you nailed it with "...my body...my choice."

That belief is the standard for another issue, so it should apply to this one too.

People will.choose to apply it selectively, however.

What I find sad about this whole we/them discussion is that those being called "sheep", for wearing a mask or getting the vaccination, are doing it only because of those who are calling them sheep and refusing to wear a mask or get the vaccination. In short, for caring. Not saying they don't care, but that they have let politics take the lead.

I agree that COVID is here to stay. Now that we have let mutation begin, like with the annual flu, the ever changing virus will need constant attention. We had the chance to kill it, but we let politics in the way, now it is here to stay.

Take this to the bank. 10 years from now the COVID/SARS vaccination will be a common shot, if not added to the annual flu vaccination like others.

I deleted the sheep comment Detector... they can use that on other forums but not here.

What’s more deadly? The flu or covid? Why are people able to CHOOSE whether they want the flu shot but people are freaking about making it mandated to get the covid shot?

Why would you even compare COVID to the flu? They are nothing alike other than COVID can have flu-like symptoms. We don't yet fully know what COVID is capable of. We're just now finding out it can mutate to sub-variants, and we have no idea what those can do.

For starters:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20201218/covid-19-is-far-more-lethal-damaging-than-flu-data-shows#1

"The death rate among COVID-19 patients was 18.5%, while it was 5.3% for those with the flu. Those with COVID were nearly five times more likely to die than flu patients, according to the study published online Dec. 15 in the BMJ."

"The study also found that COVID-19 patients were four times more likely to require breathing machines, nearly 2.5 times more likely to be admitted to intensive care, and stayed in the hospital an average of three days longer than flu patients."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom