• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Vaccine Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

Admin
In the most drastic response yet to the lagging vaccination campaign and a Delta fueled surge in infections, a number of local and state governments in the U.S. announced that they were imposing vaccine mandates for workers.

New York City will require all municipal workers to be vaccinated against Covid-19 by mid-September or face weekly testing, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced this morning. A few hours later, Gov. Gavin Newsom of California announced a similar mandate for all state employees and many health care workers.

The Department of Veterans Affairs also said today that it would require its frontline health care workers to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, making it the first federal agency to mandate that employees be inoculated.

Among the flurry of announcements, a group of nearly 60 major medical organizations, including the American Medical Association and the American Nurses Association, called for mandatory vaccination of health care workers.

The moves come as concern is growing that the unvaccinated population is contributing to the rapid spread of the highly contagious Delta variant and they are part of a broader shift in which many hospital chains and some private employers are deciding that the time has come to make being vaccinated a requirement.

In New York, 340,000 city workers, including teachers and police officers, will have until Sept. 13 to get their shots or face at least weekly testing. The vaccine requirement in California will apply to 246,000 state employees and health care workers and be put in effect by Aug. 23.

At the V.A., the mandate will apply to 115,000 frontline workers, including doctors, dentists and registered nurses, who will have eight weeks to be fully vaccinated or face penalties including possible removal.

Some people will think this is a serious violation of their rights, but if this had been put into effect last summer, no telling how many lives could have been spared. I had my shots, proud to state it, and carry my card saying so, but am still waiting for someone...anyone to ask me if I have been...just so I can show my card. I volunteer for a cancer care facility, and everyone MUST wear masks when in that building...no exceptions. Patients, visitors, relatives, nurses, and doctors, even food workers in their food court. And when there I do not see anyone wearing a chin mask, like everywhere else.

I have never understood why health care workers were given a choice, should have been mandatory from the start.

I figure I will get flack for this stand, but that's my opinion, and in a free country I have the right to state it. If our Moderators thinks this post might cause some upset in the Forum, I respect their rights to delete it. No problem.

Thank you, Rudy, for posting this information.:D:D

+1 yes, thanks for sharing the info !

I won't get into whether or not what they are doing borders on violating personal freedoms, that is a political discussion which is understandingly not allowed on the forum to avoid heated discussions. (new members take note :D)

This thread is simply sharing information.

While I do believe many people in this day and age are over-medicated and I try to avoid even taking stuff like Motrin unless I really have to, (but I do realize some medicines are necessary) my wife did talk me into getting vaccinated and we are both fully vaccinated.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread non-political :D

Frankly, I feel all employees such as WalMarts as an example, should still be wearing their masks. Just think about the episodes where they interface with hundreds of customers. I am not calling out WalMart but IMO, any businesses which got the pass as being "necessary" during all of this, they all should MAKE the servers and salesmen taking money and making change, ALL find a job, or wear the mask! jmho At the very least, have open proof they have been fully vaxxed, but the vaccinated people can transmit covid if they catch covid, which they absolutely can, all sales people and employees today, should be commanded to mask up, period.

Some people will think this is a serious violation of their rights, but if this had been put into effect last summer, no telling how many lives could have been spared. I had my shots, proud to state it, and carry my card saying so, but am still waiting for someone...anyone to ask me if I have been...just so I can show my card. I volunteer for a cancer care facility, and everyone MUST wear masks when in that building...no exceptions. Patients, visitors, relatives, nurses, and doctors, even food workers in their food court. And when there I do not see anyone wearing a chin mask, like everywhere else.

I have never understood why health care workers were given a choice, should have been mandatory from the start.

I figure I will get flack for this stand, but that's my opinion, and in a free country I have the right to state it. If our Moderators thinks this post might cause some upset in the Forum, I respect their rights to delete it. No problem.

Frankly, I feel all employees such as WalMarts as an example, should still be wearing their masks. Just think about the episodes where they interface with hundreds of customers. I am not calling out WalMart but IMO, any businesses which got the pass as being "necessary" during all of this, they all should MAKE the servers and salesmen taking money and making change, ALL find a job, or wear the mask! jmho At the very least, have open proof they have been fully vaxxed, but the vaccinated people can transmit covid if they catch covid, which they absolutely can, all sales people and employees today, should be commanded to mask up, period.

:waytogo::waytogo:

Thank you, Rudy, for posting this information.:D:D

+1 yes, thanks for sharing the info !

I won't get into whether or not what they are doing borders on violating personal freedoms, that is a political discussion which is understandingly not allowed on the forum to avoid heated discussions. (new members take note :D)

This thread is simply sharing information.

While I do believe many people in this day and age are over-medicated and I try to avoid even taking stuff like Motrin unless I really have to, (but I do realize some medicines are necessary) my wife did talk me into getting vaccinated and we are both fully vaccinated.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread non-political :D

Yes, my purpose was to inform, not to create a political discussion, which is not allowed on the forum.

Go get vaccinated if you want one. When about 4-5 guys are holding me down I'll take one. My buddy who is a doctor and on this forum had 5 fully vaccinated COVID positives yesterday. They even are talking about boosters now. Mask don't work, vaccines probably do work for a while, and symptoms may probably be less severe if you do come down with it. That is yet to be proven though because it kills so few people that contract it in the first place.

I'm not anti vaccine for anybody that wants it. I'm 59 zero meds. I run regularly. I'm not close to being over weight. Zero people that I know who have had it which is quite a few suffered bad symptoms. A couple of them were in there 70's. If I get it and have to be hospitalized that's on me. It's a lie that only the unvaccinated are spreading it when fully vaccinated people are getting it right and left.

Go get vaccinated if you want one. When about 4-5 guys are holding me down I'll take one. My buddy who is a doctor and on this forum had 5 fully vaccinated COVID positives yesterday. They even are talking about boosters now. Mask don't work, vaccines probably do work for a while, and symptoms may probably be less severe if you do come down with it. That is yet to be proven though because it kills so few people that contract it in the first place.

I'm not anti vaccine for anybody that wants it. I'm 59 zero meds. I run regularly. I'm not close to being over weight. Zero people that I know who have had it which is quite a few suffered bad symptoms. A couple of them were in there 70's. If I get it and have to be hospitalized that's on me. It's a lie that only the unvaccinated are spreading it when fully vaccinated people are getting it right and left.

Curious Longbow, has your Doctor been vaccinated...?

When the NIH, CDC and FDA tells the truth maybe I will consider getting one in 2049. The rush of mandates is back on for one reason and we know what that reason is. The Delta Variant is 7 times less deadly than C19.

Trying to ignore the political implications is like trying to ignore pull tabs at the beach.

I vehemently disagree with everything you posted except this and in a free country I have the right to state it . That is your right as it is my right to not get the vaccine. Mask do absolutely nothing but make you talk and look funny wearing them. That too should be my right to not be mandated to wear a mask. As you said, it's a free country. Truth is neither you or anyone else who has received the vaccine know what the long term affects are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom