Need some input on Lake Hunting

BigBearJeff

Hi guys and gals,

I was hoping to get some input about laking hunting from those of you that have done it. Most of the lakes in Kentucky are long and narrow with an average depth of like 90 feet. Let me say they are also very nice to swim in as they are clean and warm. Well, at the surface they are.

But back to lake hunting. Those of you that do it. Do you just walk the shores? I ask that because many of the shores on our lakes are Rock faced walls. I guess I could hunt the areas where people put their boats in out and of waters or attempt to find a sand beach somewhere.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

All the best,

Jeff
Ace 250

Boat dock and boat ramp areas can be good, but swimming areas are best.

I usually try to ask someone where people swim. The swimming area is always the best. I find my best rings in about 6"-18" of water around the swimming areas. If you can't find someone to asked I've found that most swimming areas are on the northeast part of the lake.

lk barkley and ky lake

I used to fish a lot in barkley and ky lake when I lived in southern Il. They had some great beaches and ramps. But I was crappie fishing and not detecting. Any flat areas along a lake are usually good for a few finds. Peeps bank fishing and such. As stated before the "ole swimming hole" is the place to stumble across. Good luck

I am in Lexington

hey girl. Welcome to town. I promise you it is never this hot, but of course we just got relief with 50 degree weather. THANK YOU GOD!

But we need rain, I don't even waste my time in grass and earth right now as it is a clay soil which equated to trying to dig in loose concrete, but be re-assured that the rains will come this fall and lots of it.

One good point about Lexington is we usually have VERY LONG Fall weather. I have seen it 70 here at Christmas, but that was a bit unusual.

All the best,

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom