Equinox waterproof housing

Billco

Anyone know of anyone that can do a waterproof housing on the equinox? I’ve flooded 2 machines so far and have anxiety every time I go near the water now. Any info is appreciated!

This isn't really an answer to your question but if you're using it for diving, even if it's within its rated depth, maybe you should be using something different like an Excal? Assuming you are diving of course.

Felix, I use an excal for diving and the equinox in the wet sand/ surf impact zone because it’s ability to pick up chains.

Billco

Funny your not submerging the Equinox , but yet you flooded two , never had a problem here , Felix is correct , Excaliburs in the water , any machines with a screen , I see they all have leak issue's , and will bet even the Deus2 will leak under water , I use the CTX, Equinox in the wet , shallow, dry , past knee deep Excalibur blues , happy hunting .

I flooded 2 and gave up, went back to an excal. The guy on here who posts diving videos (roman digger) is using an etrac in a waterproof housing, maybe he could make a box for a nox?

I flooded 2 and gave up, went back to an excal. The guy on here who posts diving videos (roman digger) is using an etrac in a waterproof housing, maybe he could make a box for a nox?

Yeah that is a sweet setup he made! Knock on wood, my Nox has survived lake hunting up to my neck. Hope it stays that way.

There used to be somebody that sold waterproof boxes for ace 250s maybe they are making something, i feel for you i don't think an equinox would last to long in Hawaiian style detecting

Thanks I will message Roman digger and see if he has any advice. I lm not sure how it happens but both times the screen ended up flooding. I suspect the little white circle under the housing is the only thing preventing water intrusion. I agree excal is superior for water hunting, but the equinox kills it on the wet sand!

There are threads with flooded excals,cz 20's etc etc.
They all can leak screen or no screen.

Funny your not submerging the Equinox , but yet you flooded two , never had a problem here , Felix is correct , Excaliburs in the water , any machines with a screen , I see they all have leak issue's , and will bet even the Deus2 will leak under water , I use the CTX, Equinox in the wet , shallow, dry , past knee deep Excalibur blues , happy hunting .

GM

Ya, if you don't have them re-done , the seals dry rott over time & salt just like the coil lines & battery cable., buy a blue , sword. Or, green machine it's best to get them re-done , which most don't , I am sure there are plenty leak threads , however on the newer machine side with screens , I've seen a lot more leak.issues to break it down just 4 U !

Felix, I use an excal for diving and the equinox in the wet sand/ surf impact zone because it’s ability to pick up chains.
I haven't posted an observation I have made on my last chain find so be on the lookout the day I do.

Yeah they can all leak - my excal made some omnimous crackling sounds on the weekend, but it went away. I suspect it's a loose connection in the headphones.

Seems hit or miss on nox's. Had two that saw frequent use diving down 12-16ft in a certain swim hole I cleaned out for two summers. Prior to those, it was excals and a few AT series machines (the pinpoint buttons on those start activating at 11-13ft, none ever leaked, one would get condensation in the display, but was always happy after a sun bake. Same nox's saw countless days submerged wading, never a leak, got lucky I guess. I thought I saw a video on YouTube of a nox in a housing, diving.

I don’t get all these drowned Nox stories. Granted I don’t dive but I submerge mine all the time and beat the tar out of them. Never an issue aside from coil covers wearing out way too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't get all the complaints either. I use mine hard, submerge it with no problems. It's under warranty and their customer service turn around time has been excellent.

Steve

I’m curious who has one out of warranty and had it flood….. what’s the cost of that box? Odd I’ve not heard anyone mention that. Mines out of warranty…. The box was replaced at warranty end …. Not flooded the battery died and there were stress cracks in the plastic where those screws go to hold the handle on. I’ve broken a couple of ear, a cuff and quickly threw that shaft away. And those headphones….. I was lucky that Tony Eisenhower contacted me when he started doing phones so I was one of the first to get it wet. Their headphones…. Ugh. I might mention…. I’ve not flooded my MDT and I’ve had it nearly 3 years.

Anyone know of anyone that can do a waterproof housing on the equinox? I’ve flooded 2 machines so far and have anxiety every time I go near the water now. Any info is appreciated!

The only one Ive ever seen was on IG. Google Sea Ghost Lab...or more here as posted on another detecting forum

I've hunted extensively underwater with the nox, and I'm sorry to say while some of you have had a good run it's only a matter of time. I had one machine last more than 12 months and thought I had it sorted. Nope, leaked on me. then I had one that leaked first time in the water.

The excal has been a solid performer on that front.

Thanks everyone! I ended up purchasing a new equinox 800 with a sea wolf mod from Darren in Russia for 800 usd with shipping. Shipped out today so I should have it in a few weeks. I’ll be back to let everyone know how it turns out. If you want to check it out it’s seawolf_Aqua on Instagram.

Back
Top Bottom