Bluetooth options for the Vanquish?

Diabolik

Elite Member
Does anyone know if the Aukey B80 earbuds will work with the Vanquish 540 or is anyone using anything else with their Vanquish besides the ML-80’s that they can recommend? Thanks!

Sorry, but no help here. I've never liked using ear buds, and many don't sound so great for this deaf guy. I also do not like short-length or straight headphone cables. But you asked about Bluetooth and I never found any of those w/ear buds that worked well for me, either.

For me, the wireless ML-80 headphones are working so well I have never used an adapter for my favorite ¼" coiled-cord headphones. God luck finding something you like. I'm curious why you don't like the ML-80s?

Monte

Sorry, but no help here. I've never liked using ear buds, and many don't sound so great for this deaf guy. I also do not like short-length or straight headphone cables. But you asked about Bluetooth and I never found any of those w/ear buds that worked well for me, either.

For me, the wireless ML-80 headphones are working so well I have never used an adapter for my favorite ¼" coiled-cord headphones. God luck finding something you like. I'm curious why you don't like the ML-80s?

Monte

Hi Monte, My Vanquish was not from a Pro Pack so I only have the hard wired Minelab ones currently. The corded units were ok at the beach since you pretty much have the detector at your side all the time, but once I start hunting in the woods again I don't want to deal with the cord every time I set the detector down. I am just looking for some options. I see a lot of guys using the Aukey units for their NOX and seem to like them. I don't have anything against picking up a set of the ML-80's if I can't find anything else. I did like the over the ear option at the beach as they helped block out some of the background noise.

Hi Monte, My Vanquish was not from a Pro Pack so I only have the hard wired Minelab ones currently. The corded units were ok at the beach since you pretty much have the detector at your side all the time, but once I start hunting in the woods again I don't want to deal with the cord every time I set the detector down. I am just looking for some options. I see a lot of guys using the Aukey units for their NOX and seem to like them. I don't have anything against picking up a set of the ML-80's if I can't find anything else. I did like the over the ear option at the beach as they helped block out some of the background noise.

Here is a screenshot of the manual page 11. Hopefully this is helpful to you. It sounds like a good pair of APTX Low Latency Would be able to be used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-145410_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200920-145410_Drive.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 116
...I've never liked using ear buds, and many don't sound so great for this deaf guy....

...I'm curious why you don't like the ML-80s?

For me, I originally wanted wanted earbuds to keep cooler in the summer/warmer weather - the earmuff style ML-80s were sweat boxes for me on a hot day. This might be TMI, but I sweat easily in general, so I don’t need to help things along by wearing earmuffs in the summer :lol:

But probably more importantly, the ML-80 headphones sound muffled, muddy, and flat to me. The Aukey EP-B80 earbuds sound clearer and brighter to me, with far better differentiation in tones (I hunt in 50 tones a lot). Just different strokes for different folks - everyone's ears are different. I suffer from tinnitus and a bit of hearing loss at lower frequencies, which probably contributes to the bassy ML-80s sounding muddy to me.

My Aukey B80s work fine with the Vanquish 540 and 3 out of 4 of the Equinox I have tried them on. The one they didn't work with had a Bluetooth issue and Minelab replaced the entire control box under warranty. The Aukey B80s sound great, stay in my ears, are very noise cancelling and have yet to disappoint me.

My Aukey B80s work fine with the Vanquish 540 and 3 out of 4 of the Equinox I have tried them on. The one they didn't work with had a Bluetooth issue and Minelab replaced the entire control box under warranty. The Aukey B80s sound great, stay in my ears, are very noise cancelling and have yet to disappoint me.

What kind of battery life do you get out of them? It says they can do 8 hours. That control box is tiny. Was just curious how long they last for you. Thanks!

What kind of battery life do you get out of them? It says they can do 8 hours. That control box is tiny. Was just curious how long they last for you. Thanks!

I have two sets that I use with my EQ800, and they each give about 4-5 hours of hunt time from a full charge. For most of my hunts that’s plenty, as I usually only get out for 2-3 hours at a time. They do recharge very quickly, so for longer hunts, you could recharge them while you break for lunch and continue hunting for the rest of the day. But admittedly, the relatively short runtime is my only complaint with the EP-B80 earbuds, and the reason that I justified buying a second pair. Not sure if the runtime will be significantly different on the Vanquish.

Back
Top Bottom