Safety

Hckeycraze1968

How many people metal detect alone? I'm pretty observant of my surroundings and avoid unsavory situations. However, if you don't have a detecting buddy does anybody carry a concealed weapon? I realize some states don't allow this option. In those cases, what does everyone do? Everyone's opinions encouraged.

I cart my bigger Lesche shovel with me if I can, or the Root Slayer Nomad. If I can't do that, then it's pepper spray since my state has decided you can't defend yourself with a concealed firearm. Thank you NJ.

I have a concealed carry license so yes I carry when I know I’m in some shady areas . We have a few parks here that have homeless people living in the wooded areas . I’ve only been approached once by a guy asking for change . Stay safe out there even if you can’t carry a pistol I would have a knife at least .

I cart my bigger Lesche shovel with me if I can, or the Root Slayer Nomad. If I can't do that, then it's pepper spray since my state has decided you can't defend yourself with a concealed firearm. Thank you NJ.

I here ya...it's better to be safe than sorry.

Since I'm under the age to conceal carry (or buy) a handgun, I carry with me the POM Pepper Spray. This brand specifically is made to conform with each states regulations (like size, container, etc.) and has the highest pepper content that is still legal in all 50 states. :good:

Since I'm under the age to conceal carry (or buy) a handgun, I carry with me the POM Pepper Spray. This brand specifically is made to conform with each states regulations (like size, container, etc.) and has the highest pepper content that is still legal in all 50 states. :good:

I think it's good that you're thinking ahead. Have fun and be safe.

Good suggestion, at times it can be better than a firearm.

How many people metal detect alone? I'm pretty observant of my surroundings and avoid unsavory situations. However, if you don't have a detecting buddy does anybody carry a concealed weapon? I realize some states don't allow this option. In those cases, what does everyone do? Everyone's opinions encouraged.

Unfortunately this problem is getting worse and worse. It's not easy to concentrate on your detecting while trying to keep an eye out. I could use some hunting partners. There is safety in numbers more than anything else I can think of. Even if you carry a gun do you really want to shoot someone? Just think of all the legal headaches for one thing. I am all for gun rights but it is still not an easy choice to make.

Haldean I agree no one wants to shoot someone and a concealed weapon doesn't stop a situation but does provide a little piece of mind.

Not been an issue so far anywhere that I’ve hunted, in over a decade. The only problem I’ve had is with unleashed dogs and dufus owners.

I had issue only one time when detecting. Read my Thread Stranger Danger. I started to where a bodycam when i go out plus my gopro as a backup. And a big knife,can of mace. Lots of meth/heroin in my area.

Safty

I carry peper spray and my leshie dig knife. I keep it sharp. But I try to always avoid chit hole areas. Don't do cities no more. I pretty much stay in my area, and do the DE beaches.

I have a Lesche hand digger and the long handled digger. Both have a serrated edge. Every few months I have them professionally sharpened and would not hesitate to use them as weapons. I also have a 7 inch rapid open Spyderco knife which I carry inside my hi- pocket.

If I’m going to a really rough area I carry a can of hornet/was[ spray. Better than pepper spray. Several shots per can that can travel 20 feet or more. No permanent damage for $3.99

When hunting alone, which for me is most often, I find the Grey Man approach most effective. No bright colors, no advertisements, nothing glistening off the sun light. I look like somebody digging for dropped change to supplement my Social Security. My detector does not smell like WD40, nor does it look anywhere near well maintained. As for defensive equipment, you already have an 8 inch digger, a 30 inch shovel and some decent bug/bear spray. If you gotten beyond that, well, the internet is not the place to discuss it.

I had issue only one time when detecting. Read my Thread Stranger Danger. I started to where a bodycam when i go out plus my gopro as a backup. And a big knife,can of mace. Lots of meth/heroin in my area.
Aren’t meth and heroin only a danger to those that use it? /s

Back
Top Bottom