• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Metal Detecting Business Cards

FLOOD

Forum Supporter
I'm wondering if anyone else has done this...since I'm now totally hooked on metal detecting, and salivate at the idea of making new discoveries, I decided to make a 'business' card to ID myself and use as a reference/ice breaker when attempting to get private property permissions. I used VistaPrint to create my cards, and added a photo of two different coins I've discovered for the front and back. Got a box of 100 made up for a total of about $35. So far, I've handed out a couple, and got a yes permission with one of them. Knocking on someone's door, out of the blue, and asking to walk around a person's property is not the easiest thing for me to do, and can make home owners wary that someone is trying to scam them, so I wanted to have something that identified who I am, and what I do, to help gain some trust and give them an opportunity to think it over, and even call me later if they decide to let me look around. Has anyone else done something like this?

I made some cards and I pass mine out all the time. It definitely has helped me gain some land permissions

I've done it, but don't use them much. You can buy card stock and set it up in a word processor, and produce them for almost next to nothing if you have a decent printer and some layout skills. I think even some processors come with a business card module, tho I lay mine out by hand.

I use a slightly different approach, and carry around a clear ziplock back of finds (copper buckles, crotal bells, a toasted copper or two, and so forth (no silvers)), and say this is the sort of stuff I find. Looks like junk, and it is junk, as I don't collect that stuff too much. I use it to head off the question "what are you looking for", and a bag of this stuff is better than answering the question with "deep high tones".

Back
Top Bottom