Minelab Manticore

I suspect it’s going to be very similar to the Target Trace we’ve been using for years on the CTX. If so, then yes, it can show multiple targets as the coil passes over them. You can see when you have two targets of different conductivity close together. It also gives some visual info about target size. Don’t expect to see any identifiable shapes or anything like that, but Target Trace is definitely a useful tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually still feel like i got more info with the CTX target trace than i do with the D2 X/Y screen. But i got years experience on a CTX. You get the 13" D2 coil yet by the way? Mines here Friday finally:yes:

I actually still feel like i got more info with the CTX target trace than i do with the D2 X/Y screen. But i got years experience on a CTX. You get the 13" D2 coil yet by the way? Mines here Friday finally:yes:

Yep, same here. The CTX’s Target Trace provided useful info. I was never a big fan of the Deus XY screen. It was ok for shallow targets but fairly useless on deeper ones.

I haven’t ordered the 13” D2 coil yet. Figured I’d wait to hear some feedback from guys like you and Kevin before getting one of my own. Let me know how ya like it!

I haven’t ordered the 13” D2 coil yet. Figured I’d wait to hear some feedback from guys like you and Kevin before getting one of my own. Let me know how ya like it!

Will do! Taking it Saturday to the beach using same controller for the 11" and the 13". Should be interesting. I'll pm you the results.

Yep, same here. The CTX’s Target Trace provided useful info. I was never a big fan of the Deus XY screen. It was ok for shallow targets but fairly useless on deeper ones.

Mine came yesterday DeWayne, going out tomorrow in mid 20’s temps to see what happens. You might think I’m nuts to hunt when it’s that cold, and you’d be partially right…but I have specialty clothes for all that nonsense. I live in Wisconsin!:lol: I will be testing the 13” coil in your SS program first and then move to some areas that I know have fill and use Deep HC. It feels really good, not as light as the 9” obviously but it feels good. I can’t barely even turn it on in my house, the size just won’t allow it. Hopefully that translates to the ground! I’ll keep you posted, you know that….:yes:

Will do! Taking it Saturday to the beach using same controller for the 11" and the 13". Should be interesting. I'll pm you the results.

Mine came yesterday DeWayne, going out tomorrow in mid 20’s temps to see what happens. You might think I’m nuts to hunt when it’s that cold, and you’d be partially right…but I have specialty clothes for all that nonsense. I live in Wisconsin!:lol: I will be testing the 13” coil in your SS program first and then move to some areas that I know have fill and use Deep HC. It feels really good, not as light as the 9” obviously but it feels good. I can’t barely even turn it on in my house, the size just won’t allow it. Hopefully that translates to the ground! I’ll keep you posted, you know that….:yes:

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

I know of at least a couple of my spots where a little extra depth and coverage might snag a few more silvers.

Iffy Signals did a test D2, Manticore, Equinox 900. Look at 2D screen. Which detector gives you more info on the non-ferrous target.

https://youtu.be/GVH9eaW_PlY

I just commented on his channel about lowering the Silencer on the D2. I suspect if he did so, the D2 would ID the coins correctly. If the D2 still can't ID those coins after lowering the Silencer, then XP sure the heck needs to fix that.

...and yes, it is kind of neat that the Manti's screen shows the nail and coin, but it doesn't change the "dig/no dig" decision. When set up correctly, any versatile detector will give a proper tone and ID on those coins, so you would be digging with or without the 2D screen.

EDIT: Iffy just replied to me, and the D2 still can't ID the coins with the Silencer wide open. I replied back that it was a serious problem that XP needs to fix ASAP.

EDIT 2: The Manti and 900 didn't do anything unique. With a lowered iron bias (or possibly even the preset), a Nox or Legend would ID those coins correctly.

Last edited:
Manticore Shipping

I'm in Texas and wish that Manticore would hurry up and get here. It's going to be 75 degrees on Wednesday but rain the rest of the week. I've got some spots i'm chomping at the the bit to use it on. :lol:

I've been watching a lot of Manticore videos and I'm seeing something I don't like. It seems like the software is trying to clean up bad signals making them look and sound more acceptable. The first 8-10 swings over junk and you hear the double tones and see the obvious smear on the 2D Trace. If you keep swinging you hear the broken tone start cleaning up to a single tone, and the smear starts to become a more rounded ball like a good target would give.

That is going to make telling junk from good tougher. I think they have the software set to try and identify the target by eliminating the bad ones which turns the junk smear into more a solid ball.

Back
Top Bottom