• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Man and i thought i was doing good...feel like im out of the cool kid crowd

luked

bought an eTrac a few months ago and was really excited about it. choose it over the Nox and now I wonder if I made the right decision :laughing:
all I see in here is about the Nox and hardly anything on the eTrac.

Where are all the eTrac users lets get some tips and so on up here. cant tell me that its obsolete now :laughing:

Noooooo, it'll never be obsolete. Take cars, for example. My '68 plymouth is "obsolete" now but keeps up with traffic and turns heads just fine. It's more basic than today's reeeeally complicated cars but that doesn't make it useless. :)

The only places I think the Equinox trumps the Etrac is in iron infested sites and sites with heavy modern trash. I bought a used Etrac after I got an Equinox 800 and while I use the Nox 800 more I still love using the Etrac.

The E-series have that very telltale sound on very deep high conductors Luke, here’s an example of the type of signal you’re looking for. When using Conductive sounds, most junk iron will “flatline” and not have that “musical” sound to it. After some time, you’ll be able to distinguish good from bad IMMEDIATELY by sound. EVERYBODY that I know on the forums and personally who hunt public land and find over 100 silver coins a year uses an E-series machine for most of their hunting. That’s not saying that nobody else using something else ever does it...but they’re still the predominant machines for that particular thing around here.
https://youtu.be/OQUL87RUi58

My Son has an eTrac and loves it. He loves how it finds silver coins. I am still using my first machine that I have had for over 7 years and it still produces the goods.

bought an eTrac a few months ago and was really excited about it. choose it over the Nox and now I wonder if I made the right decision :laughing:
all I see in here is about the Nox and hardly anything on the eTrac.

Where are all the eTrac users lets get some tips and so on up here. cant tell me that its obsolete now :laughing:

They are here! The NOX is lighter, waterproof and cost about half as much an eTrac is partly why so many here own the NOX, besides it being such a good detector. I'm sure many NOX owners would love to add an eTrac to their arsenal or a 3030 (some have). Do you have Andy Sabisch's Explorer and eTrac Handbook? It's a great tool for learning your detector. Search threads for topics, you'll find some. Also plenty of videos out there too. If you have a question, start a thread.....HH!

Love my E Trac! My CTX3030 is my second love, really like the Equinox 800 and am getting to know the Vanquish 540. Guess I am just a sucker for the Minelabs! LOL!

Pretty hard to beat the FBS system.

Just remember as some jump on the next bandwagon, a percentage of those people will not only try to convince themselves they made the best choice, they will try to convince others to follow their footsteps too.

Also many people who add another machine truly upgrade with a better machine, so naturally they would be impressed.

As far as your Etrac, TTF is magically, but boring, it can do most the thinking for you, but rarely ever lies. Iron can sound like silver, but the reverse doesn't happen. So if you run 50 tone dont be afraid to run the discrimination like up to 20-24. My only issue i had with the Etrac is runnung slightly to moderately hot i thought it would false more than other machines i had. So turn up the discrimination and you will be good.

Etrac is an awesome machine, mine gets me lots of goodies.
The BIG advantage of the etrac over the equinox is the readout, FE and CO numbers make setting up custom screens for discrimination so much more accurate. Start making some custom programs and go from there!

Two Machines the Nox will never catch up to with finds...

Etrac- Has already cleaned up most of the silver over the last ten years, so much so, nox users will never catch those numbers with the few scraps etrac runners have left behind.

ATP- Has already cleaned out most fresh water swimming holes and recovered most of the old gold. Nox users will never see the kinds of gold numbers ATP guys did 7 years ago.

The Etrac is still killing hunted out parks by several users on this forum...

Two Machines the Nox will never catch up to with finds...

Etrac- Has already cleaned up most of the silver over the last ten years, so much so, nox users will never catch those numbers with the few scraps etrac runners have left behind.

ATP- Has already cleaned out most fresh water swimming holes and recovered most of the old gold. Nox users will never see the kinds of gold numbers ATP guys did 7 years ago.

The Etrac is still killing hunted out parks by several users on this forum...

Yep,Love my Atp to get gold!:yes:

Keep in mind I suspect a lot of Nox users don't air their frustrations with the Nox. I have had mine since March 2018 and had a long, long learning curve.

The etrack has been on the market for many years and is a good detector.
The Nox especially the 800 is all new technology that Minelab has improved.
In my opinion the NOX is a takeoff of the Xterra 70 and 705 which have been around for around 12 years and are very good detectors I still have my xterra 70 with 5 coils.
With the NOX with the multi IQ multi freq I now only need two coils and they are DD coils. 6 and 11” coils . I don’t have the 15” because I don’t do much in big corn fields.
However I have never had a etrack
I have seen many that have sold their etrack And the NOX is easier to run.
All is just my opinion
Doug

I'm picking up a used etrac tomorrow. I could get an 800 or etrac but chose the etrac. The guy used it 10 hours and not jiving with it. He swings to fast so he is sticking with his atp.

I loved the Etrac when I had one. If it was my only detector I think I’d still be very happy. Killer tones, excellent depth and accurate ID. A true silver slayin’ machine! FBS rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattlehead

What is your thought between ctx and etrac. I already have a ctx I'm going backwards to get an etrac. I just do not care for the 800 equinox.

Rattlehead

What is your thought between ctx and etrac. I already have a ctx I'm going backwards to get an etrac. I just do not care for the 800 equinox.

The CTX has a few more bells and whistles but they’re still very similar. I actually prefer the tones of the Etrac because you can stretch out the variability and threshold pitch to make silver really scream. Nothing like hearing that squealing warble, seeing a 12-45 on the display, then looking down at the depth meter and seeing a big gap between the little coil & cursor. You KNOW you have silver. Or when you hear that faint “chirp-thunk” sound.. DEEP silver! It’s an awesome detector for sure, and has earned its reputation of being “The Silver Slayer”.

I do appreciate some of the CTX’s additional features like Target Trace and being waterproof. Love my 3030 but will always have a soft spot for the Etrac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom