Hmmmmmm….

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, in the Castle We are now well prepared for the impending first winter snow storm, but KT has little faith in our local weather prognosticators after last weekend. They built up a full blown blizzard frenzy a couple of days before last weekend and we got nothing! And never an apology for the extra excitement they caused.

They are up to their old tricks again yesterday and today…big snow load supposed to hit on Saturday. Because the Queen was nearly out of suet cakes for the bird feeders, KT made it by Ollie’s and picked up a couple of dozen of various varieties. His Majesty swears some of them, particularly the woodpecker peanut blend look exactly like some of the “health” bars that the Queen enjoys. If we really got in a bad fix, KT will start eating those particular bars…..hmmmm, might be a good tip for survivalists! :?: :laughing::laughing:

Perhaps we could cook some Raman noodles on the wood stove and shave some of the peanut bars into the soup to make a Thai dish, since they have a peanut flavored sauce for many of their dishes? :laughing::laughing:

Well, in the Castle We are now well prepared for the impending first winter snow storm, but KT has little faith in our local weather prognosticators after last weekend. They built up a full blown blizzard frenzy a couple of days before last weekend and we got nothing! And never an apology for the extra excitement they caused.

They are up to their old tricks again yesterday and today…big snow load supposed to hit on Saturday. Because the Queen was nearly out of suet cakes for the bird feeders, KT made it by Ollie’s and picked up a couple of dozen of various varieties. His Majesty swears some of them, particularly the woodpecker peanut blend look exactly like some of the “health” bars that the Queen enjoys. If we really got in a bad fix, KT will start eating those particular bars…..hmmmm, might be a good tip for survivalists! :?: :laughing::laughing:

Perhaps we could cook some Raman noodles on the wood stove and shave some of the peanut bars into the soup to make a Thai dish, since they have a peanut flavored sauce for many of their dishes? :laughing::laughing:

:laughing:

Hey that wood stove could come in handy like that :lol:

We could use an outdoor grill if I got desperate enough to venture out into the freezing rain, but I think we will be okay with some food that don't need heating :lol:

They are calling for a lot of freezing rain here Sunday turning into wet snow later in the afternoon, so today we went to the store and got lunchmeat and stuff for making sandwiches in case the power goes out (our house is all electric) we very rarely eat lunchmeat as it's not the healthiest choice, but for an occasional rare exception it is okay :lol:

:laughing:

Hey that wood stove could come in handy like that :lol:

We could use an outdoor grill if I got desperate enough to venture out into the freezing rain, but I think we will be okay with some food that don't need heating :lol:

They are calling for a lot of freezing rain here Sunday turning into wet snow later in the afternoon, so today we went to the store and got lunchmeat and stuff for making sandwiches in case the power goes out (our house is all electric) we very rarely eat lunchmeat as it's not the healthiest choice, but for an occasional rare exception it is okay :lol:

The Castle is all electric also, but we have had the olde Rite-Way wood heater since the second year we lived in it. This is why KT stacks in the firewood every year! We have a large cast iron skillet and pot and when the power goes out we cook burgers, vegetable soup, and/or chili with wood heat. The Castle does have two portable generators, one to run the upstairs appliances and one for the dungeon.

The Castle is all electric also, but we have had the olde Rite-Way wood heater since the second year we lived in it. This is why KT stacks in the firewood every year! We have a large cast iron skillet and pot and when the power goes out we cook burgers, vegetable soup, and/or chili with wood heat. The Castle does have two portable generators, one to run the upstairs appliances and one for the dungeon.

Our home does have a built-in fireplace we could use if there was a really extended power outage, (could cook over it too if we had to) we used it some the first few years we were here, but since daytime temps during the winter stay relatively mild (with occasional exceptions) we stopped using it on a regular basis, at night we get under the covers with 4 hot water bottles and it works good enough to turn the heat down to about 62 at night to help keep the electric bill down :lol:

Our home does have a built-in fireplace we could use if there was a really extended power outage, (could cook over it too if we had to) we used it some the first few years we were here, but since daytime temps during the winter stay relatively mild (with occasional exceptions) we stopped using it on a regular basis, at night we get under the covers with 4 hot water bottles and it works good enough to turn the heat down to about 62 at night to help keep the electric bill down :lol:

If you have a fireplace, you have the most expensive part covered! You simply need to get an insert and you would be set up! Inserts turn out amazing amounts of heat!:D:D

If you have a fireplace, you have the most expensive part covered! You simply need to get an insert and you would be set up! Inserts turn out amazing amounts of heat!:D:D

Thanks, I think we considered one on the past, and still might get one, especially if the economy goes goofy and the electric rates go way up later :lol:

Aaaahhhh

Attachments

• 2691F161-F23E-400B-9A56-DFBCB1D5D052.jpeg
    2691F161-F23E-400B-9A56-DFBCB1D5D052.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 110
As KT expected.....ground too warm and this morning sky is clear and sun is bright! As of 8:45 am this morning, no snow sticking on roads and only a sparse amount on ground. However, some higher elevations in the north portion of the Royal Kingdom are reporting 11" on the ground! Missed us again! :laughing::laughing:

View the Royal Coach below: Pretty much less than the earlier picture!

Attachments

• Jan 16 2022 snow on MKX.jpg
    Jan 16 2022 snow on MKX.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 121
Our northern counties east of ATL are getting walloped with 5-6” or more in some places. I like you are getting the liquid version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we got our ice storm today, along with a power outage that lasted from somewhere about 8:15AM to roughly about 6:15PM, about 10 hours.

I went outside to push ice build-up from off our canopies using a cardboard tube from underneath. There were some big tree branches that came down in our yard from the ice build-up and wind gusts. When I was under the far canopy i heard a loud "crack" :shock: and I moved fast :lol: just to be on the safe side, thank God the branch came down next to the canopy and not on it. A medium size tree came down also, also a very large branch that blocked our driveway entrance I had to move and it was heavy ! (one tree that came down had our basketball hoop attached :lol:)

ln the evening we got some light snow, even though it was evening I still had to take my dog out in it for a few minutes as she likes playing in the snow :lol:

20220116_ice1.jpg20220116_ice2.jpg

20220116_ice3.jpg20220116_ice4.jpg

20220116_snow.jpg

Well, we got our ice storm today, along with a power outage that lasted from somewhere about 8:15AM to roughly about 6:15PM, about 10 hours.

I went outside to push ice build-up from off our canopies using a cardboard tube from underneath. There were some big tree branches that came down in our yard from the ice build-up and wind gusts. When I was under the far canopy i heard a loud "crack" :shock: and I moved fast :lol: just to be on the safe side, thank God the branch came down next to the canopy and not on it. A medium size tree came down also, also a very large branch that blocked our driveway entrance I had to move and it was heavy ! (one tree that came down had our basketball hoop attached :lol:)

ln the evening we got some light snow, even though it was evening I still had to take my dog out in it for a few minutes as she likes playing in the snow :lol:

View attachment 494056View attachment 494057

View attachment 494058View attachment 494059

View attachment 494060

Yep, those ice storms cause a mess! We get them more often than a snow storm…starting with freezing rain, sleet, and then a bit of snow on top to hide the mess! Southern pines do not do well in an ice storm! I bet your dog enjoyed it tho! Every year in the late fall, the power companies send out crews of tree trimmers to remove overhanging branches from the power lines and when they do a good job, we rarely have a power outage. :yes: Kudos to those guys! :thumbsup:

Yep, those ice storms cause a mess! We get them more often than a snow storm…starting with freezing rain, sleet, and then a bit of snow on top to hide the mess! Southern pines do not do well in an ice storm! I bet your dog enjoyed it tho! Every year in the late fall, the power companies send out crews of tree trimmers to remove overhanging branches from the power lines and when they do a good job, we rarely have a power outage. :yes: Kudos to those guys! :thumbsup:

Yep, they have a tough job and and do well and usually get power back on within about an hour, but yesterday's ice storm was pretty bad for our area, as well as pretty rare for our area, the 30MPG wind gusts yesterday along with the ice was not a good combination. We very very rarely ever have power outages since they upgraded the grid around here many years ago, and the very rare times we do have an outage it's usually restored within about an hour.

When we first moved here my wife and I cut down several large trees that were too close to our house, sure glad we did :lol:

Back
Top Bottom