My detecting hobby budget problems.

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Ever get the stink eye from your wife when you mention buying a new detector? Or even worse when you just go ahead and buy one and one day she says isn't that another new detector?

Of course when I bought a new CTX3030 detector I told her it was the cheapest model in the CTX line.

Now here is the truth. If I could swapped my detector budget with the toy budget of my two grandsons 5 & 7 years old I figure last year I could have...

bought a new CTX3030, New Etrac, New Nox 800, pre-ordered a XP Deus II and bought a group hunt metal detecting tour over to the UK.

Of course the grandkids would not have gotten many new toys last year.

You think I am joking?

Ever get the stink eye from your wife when you mention buying a new detector? Or even worse when you just go ahead and buy one and one day she says isn't that another new detector?

Of course when I bought a new CTX3030 detector I told her it was the cheapest model in the CTX line.

Now here is the truth. If I could swapped my detector budget with the toy budget of my two grandsons 5 & 7 years old I figure last year I could have...

bought a new CTX3030, New Etrac, New Nox 800, pre-ordered a XP Deus II and bought a group hunt metal detecting tour over to the UK.

Of course the grandkids would not have gotten many new toys last year.

You think I am joking?

Makes KT somewhat happy He has no grandchildren yet! :laughing::laughing:

We are expecting our third granddaughter to be born sometime in March, Yes they can be expensive but I get a lot more fun out of them than I do out of a new detector, and I also hope that at least one of them might want to hunt with me someday when they're old enough.

We are expecting our third granddaughter to be born sometime in March, Yes they can be expensive but I get a lot more fun out of them than I do out of a new detector, and I also hope that at least one of them might want to hunt with me someday when they're old enough.

Yeah, mine are a blast. We get them every weekend. My seven year old goes detecting with me. He uses the pinpointer to locate the target in the hole or plug and loves it. Especially when it is clad and he can keep all the clad for himself.

My wife doesn't care what I buy.

I want to know how she knows when I buy something new. I swear she has the serial numbers on all my detectors and fishing reals memorized. I will walk by her and she says"that's new when did you buy that?"

Last edited:
My wife doesn't care what I buy.

I want to know how she knows when I buy something new. I swear she has the serial numbers on all my detectors and fishing reals memorized. I will walk by her and she says"that's new when did you bur that?"

KT suggests she has too little to do that she has the time to keep up with your activities! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I want something I buy it, that simple, be it a new screwdriver or a new car. My wife gives me no grief because what’s my money is my money, and what’s my money is her money.

I want something I buy it, that simple, be it a new screwdriver or a new car. My wife gives me no grief because what’s my money is my money, and what’s my money is her money.

:laughing::laughing: Yep, KT is King of the Castle….with the Queen’s Royal Permission! :laughing::laughing: And, of course, KT got to hunt for and purchase a new Royal Coach with permission also! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom