Pics posting sideways

I fixed your pictures... IPhones love to post pictures sideways and upside down.. I edited each of your pictures turning them right side up.

You ahould have a program on your computer.. I copied and moved your pictures to my desktop then right clicked on them and chose edit and fixed them then deleted yours and reinstalled them.. just easier that way.

I fix a lot of these Iphone pictures when I come across them.. one member told me to take the picture with the phone upside down I just rather fix them the way I do it.

Thank you Craig. Is there any way I can edit the pics if they come in sideways?

I just ran across this problem recently too. I think the issue is that .JPG pictures have imbedded metadata, and one of the possible bits of information has to do with the photos "correct orientation."

If you have a PC, edit it with "Paint" and "save as" a 24-bit BMP. BMPs don't save all that metadata. In fact, this is a good way to get rid of all information about the photo that you do not want to share, such as the latitude and longitude location where the photo was taken! After saving as a BMP, exit paint, and then edit that BMP in paint and convert it back to a JPG. It should stop rotating, and not have any private data now. It's sort of a roundabout process, but it works with what should already be installed in windows.

You can see some of the metadata on your pictures if you right click on one and look at properties / details. To see it all, you need a program that looks at "exif data."

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom