Curse of Oak Island - Season 8

Its an American TV show, Fake drama, Sensationalism, Exagerations and blatant lies........ Its been the same thing on almost every channel for the last 80 years or so.

Discovery channel, History channel, A&E and all the others...... Its all garbage.
When cable started out these channels actually had some good programming that lived up to their names, but now they are garbage.
If and when I watch, I know in advance its fake, its just like watching a sit com or a any other fake drama on TV so there really is no reason to call it out as being fake, because we already know that, but above I just did................:razz:

Here's a riddle for you guys:

What do the "The Curse of Oak Island" and "Seinfeld" have in common?

They both are nine seasons about nothing!

The only

Treasure found , was the company making millions off the show , Ill never watch another show :mad: , as far as the new show , I bet Gary Drayton come up with that idea , to keep the money flowing in . :roll:

Its an American TV show, Fake drama, Sensationalism, Exagerations and blatant lies........ Its been the same thing on almost every channel for the last 80 years or so.

Discovery channel, History channel, A&E and all the others...... Its all garbage.
When cable started out these channels actually had some good programming that lived up to their names, but now they are garbage.
If and when I watch, I know in advance its fake, its just like watching a sit com or a any other fake drama on TV so there really is no reason to call it out as being fake, because we already know that, but above I just did................:razz:

You are correct about those channels you listed and there were a few others like MTV. Remember them ? They actually used to play music videos , haha. My dad was the vice president of construction at a major cable company back in the 70s & 80s. He crisscrossed the US building major cable
tv systems. So I know a bit about cable tv. In the beginning , cable came about as a way to watch tv shows , movies without commercial interruptions. Paid for by subscribers only , which was nominal. I remember my cable bill at one time being $6.95 a month , included alot of channels. Now I'm being lubed up for $260 a month including internet. My , how times have changed...

You are correct about those channels you listed and there were a few others like MTV. Remember them ? They actually used to play music videos , haha. In the beginning , cable came about as a way to watch tv shows , movies without commercial interruptions. Paid for by subscribers only , which was nominal. I remember my cable bill at one time being $6.95 a month , included alot of channels. Now I'm being lubed up for $260 a month including internet. My , how times have changed...

I first got cable TV in the mid 1970's and the only commercials were on network TV. And those commercials weren't the kind of "marathon" ads we have now. Within six months or so the ads started creeping in and eventually evolved into the never ending stream of ads they run every 5-6 minutes on every channel.
Each year I have to deal with the cable company with their price increases. This past November my cable bill for TV, internet and phone was $224 per month and they increased it to $278. After "threatening" them with losing my business I managed to get it down to $184 for six months and then $234 for the next six. Better than the $278 they tried to get from me, but when the "discounted" rate HA HA HA, expires, I'll have to go round and round with them again.

I think I came off a little too strong in my other post, I was a little inebriated when I posted that. :toofunny:

My critique was not 100% directed toward the show.

Oak Island is Ok, Are they really drilling, digging, searching and finding some cool things, yes. The actors seem to really care about what they are looking for, Maybe they will find something very substantial some day .........................in the next thousand years.:razz:

At least they dont go to the overly dramatic scene (like alot of shows on the discovery channel do) right before a commercial then come back and the drama was all fake. They kinda do, but not to such an extreme.

Ok, just playing Devil's Advocate here, BUT- if The Whole show is 'FAKE", wouldn't you seed it with more coins and interesting trinkets, and not old planks and random pieces of wood?

I can barely stay awake through an episode. Which makes me think it's real, whatever that means. The actual existence of a treasure? (You notice it started out as the Ark of the Covenant type fantasy, then got knocked down to traces of gold in the water)

I'm pretty sure not.

That's one of their many shows that have nothing to do with history. But I must admit, I never have time to watch it because I'm too busy watching "Thousand Pound Sisters" on another channel. :laughing:

I'll second that!! I love ancient aliens but the only time I really get to watch it is when the wife falls asleep and I get my wireless headphones out. No comment on the 1K sisters, ranks right up there with the real housewives of............:lol::lol::lol:
Any more, the only reason I watch oak island is the metal detecting portion and that is only to see the nox 800 and ctx3030......lol.

Ok, just playing Devil's Advocate here, BUT- if The Whole show is 'FAKE", wouldn't you seed it with more coins and interesting trinkets, and not old planks and random pieces of wood?

I can barely stay awake through an episode. Which makes me think it's real, whatever that means. The actual existence of a treasure? (You notice it started out as the Ark of the Covenant type fantasy, then got knocked down to traces of gold in the water)

I'm pretty sure not.

I dont think the whole show is fake, but it sure does exaggerate alot, like when theyre talking about an item they found and say " this cound have been used by a knights templer or this nail cound have been part of a treasure galleon" Or in the opening credits, "one more person has to die to fulfill a curse" :dontthinkso:
It does have some interesting parts, It would be great if they would leave out the sensationalism and make it more of a documentary style show.

And that stupid narrator with his pushy sounding inflection drives me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom