• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deus 2

Wow! That looks pretty awesome. Definitely "hyped up" in the advertisement but looks impressive! Thanks for sharing Doug

I'm very impressed with it.

I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, but still, very cool.

See below for a quality Redwaller analysis™

Cool but also, their website didn't display right so hopefully that just means they saved all the quality for the detectors. (probably not) Don't get why they make such a big deal out of everything being wireless, just seems like more batteries to charge to me, which is already a pain just with my other tech. The hyped up video didn't contain a ton of information, but presumably this thing will be either the same (unlikely) or more expensive than the first xp deus, which is a yikes for me anyway. There's a conspicuous lack of actual information about the detector beyond just "it has multifrequency" and some stuff about the tones it makes. Hilariously, the video which flashes the words wireless at you who knows how many times and literally repeats the words "no cable" like they're the most important thing in the world, contrasts sharply with the nifty bone conduction headphones they show off, which appear to have a cable. (Additionally, from what I've heard, bone conduction headphones are rather quiet, sometimes problematically so, so have fun with that) Regardless, I'll probably never have one of these unless it proves to be the best thing in the world which makes all other metal detectors worthless and additionally is cheap, which isn't likely and also transitions neatly to the fact that there's really no way of knowing how good this thing is until people actually buy them and find out.

Just bought a Deus less than 3 months ago. So far I wish I hadn't. Not impressed with it for the places I hunt most of the time. If this Deus II turns out to be significantly better than an Equinox 800 as an all around detector I might jump ship. Build quality certainly looks robust. Much better than the Equinox. If ergonomics/weight are on par with the original Deus it has the Equinox beat too.

Only question for me remains what can it do in trashy spots without having to dig so much junk. That's where the Deus fails in my book. And not just digging trash, but having to investigate so much trash to see if it's something worth digging.

If I was cherry picking potential targets out iron and nonferrous mixed sites I'd pick the Equinox every time. To me the the Deus is a one trick pony. Great in old iron infested sites, and okay in places with very low accumulations of nonferrous trash. I'm going to need to see lots of videos and read tons of reviews saying it's better than the Equinox before I pull the trigger on one.

It does look really nice though. I guess down deep I'm hoping for a new flagship Minelab release more than anything else right now.

See below for a quality Redwaller analysis™

Cool but also, their website didn't display right so hopefully that just means they saved all the quality for the detectors. (probably not) Don't get why they make such a big deal out of everything being wireless, just seems like more batteries to charge to me, which is already a pain just with my other tech. The hyped up video didn't contain a ton of information, but presumably this thing will be either the same (unlikely) or more expensive than the first xp deus, which is a yikes for me anyway. There's a conspicuous lack of actual information about the detector beyond just "it has multifrequency" and some stuff about the tones it makes. Hilariously, the video which flashes the words wireless at you who knows how many times and literally repeats the words "no cable" like they're the most important thing in the world, contrasts sharply with the nifty bone conduction headphones they show off, which appear to have a cable. (Additionally, from what I've heard, bone conduction headphones are rather quiet, sometimes problematically so, so have fun with that) Regardless, I'll probably never have one of these unless it proves to be the best thing in the world which makes all other metal detectors worthless and additionally is cheap, which isn't likely and also transitions neatly to the fact that there's really no way of knowing how good this thing is until people actually buy them and find out.

Easy on the criticisms, it's just a marketing pitch. It's great we have some companies competing in this market and it sounds like this Deus 2 has a lot of things going for it. Lightweight, submersible, new tech of some sort. Performance TBD.

Easy on the criticisms, it's just a marketing pitch. It's great we have some companies competing in this market and it sounds like this Deus 2 has a lot of things going for it. Lightweight, submersible, new tech of some sort. Performance TBD.

Sorry, I generally tend to be rather pessimistic about products. Kind of a "if you expect the worst, you'll only ever be pleasantly surprised or get what you expected" - and yeah, it is nice that there are competing companies with metal detecting, hopefully it'll ensure metal detectors keep getting better over time.

From the UK importers of XP.

"£1450 for full DeusII with WS6, choice of 9 or 11" coil be with us some time in December."

From the UK importers of XP.

"£1450 for full DeusII with WS6, choice of 9 or 11" coil be with us some time in December."

£1450 = $1981 US so it ain't cheap for sure. Is it twice as good as the 800?

We will have to wait and see. Nokta is coming as well. Fisher??????????????

That looks like a very nice machine. Definitely interested, the fact that you can dive with it AND land hunt is a great feature. Looking forward to reading some reviews!

I've had my Deus for almost three years now and find it amazing. I'm ready to put the money into the DEUS II even though I don't need to - it's not like a new machine makes mine obsolete. I just want a new toy to add to my hobby and think I deserve to buy myself a new present. I think I can get $1600 out of my wife for Christmas. ;)

I've had my Deus for almost three years now and find it amazing. I'm ready to put the money into the DEUS II even though I don't need to - it's not like a new machine makes mine obsolete. I just want a new toy to add to my hobby and think I deserve to buy myself a new present. I think I can get $1600 out of my wife for Christmas. ;)

Johnny Metal I really like your honesty and attitude! “I just want a new toy to add to my hobby and think I deserve to buy myself a present”
That’s a page out of my playbook!
It’s a hobby! Had a friend tell me years ago a hobby is a way to spend money and waste time. Or maybe it was waste money and spend time. Either way it’s about having fun!

Johnny Metal I really like your honesty and attitude! “I just want a new toy to add to my hobby and think I deserve to buy myself a present”
That’s a page out of my playbook!
It’s a hobby! Had a friend tell me years ago a hobby is a way to spend money and waste time. Or maybe it was waste money and spend time. Either way it’s about having fun!

Mrs. atomicbrh and I just finished a 4 day Florida beach vacation.
People in sporty exercise clothes were running on the beach, others were doing all these different exercise regimes, and some were even swimming in the cold gulf pulling a buoy so that boats did not run over them. They all looked red faced and miserable. Meanwhile Mrs. atomicbrh and I happily toddled slowly up and down the beach with scoop and detector in hand. Detecting is an excellent excuse to move in a sloth-like manner which is much more fun than exercising.

Back
Top Bottom