Equinox 600 vs 800 - what's the difference?

Redwaller

I'll start this by saying I'm not likely to purchase either any time soon. I'm presently a college student with no money, so yeah. I'm just curious, from people who own equinoxes, what's the difference between the 600 and the 800?

From what little effort I've done to find out for myself it just seems like the 600 is the 800 but with wired headphones and a few less options, most of which seem to be pretty trivial convenience things, nothing that seems to justify a $250 price difference between the two. Is the 800 worth that extra $250?

The 600 will use bluetooth headphones. Major difference is the 800 has a gold mode and the 600 doesn't. And some minor additional features like more recovery settings and two more frequencies if you want to use them rather than multi-freq. I opted for the 600 and it works great.

Steve

For me I say yes, its worth it. We all look for, want that little extra edge. So you buy a 600, and you start finding cool stuff. Great. But then the thought creeps into your mind, what did I miss, could I have found more ? Could those extra tweaks gotten me a little deeper, or maybe unmasked a little better. The doubts are endless but you get my point. Piece of mind in the beginning and save from the upgrade. A guy I hunt with uses a 600 and he clearly sees the difference between the two and the only thing that keeps him from the upgrade is the new machines on the horizon. Which pretty much make your question academic because by the time you finish school and have a little disposable income most likely the Equinox will be a dinosaur. And by the way, the AT Pro is no slouch, it'll keep up with the best of them. Good luck with your education. Mark

For me I say yes, its worth it. We all look for, want that little extra edge. So you buy a 600, and you start finding cool stuff. Great. But then the thought creeps into your mind, what did I miss, could I have found more ? Could those extra tweaks gotten me a little deeper, or maybe unmasked a little better. The doubts are endless but you get my point. Piece of mind in the beginning and save from the upgrade. A guy I hunt with uses a 600 and he clearly sees the difference between the two and the only thing that keeps him from the upgrade is the new machines on the horizon. Which pretty much make your question academic because by the time you finish school and have a little disposable income most likely the Equinox will be a dinosaur. And by the way, the AT Pro is no slouch, it'll keep up with the best of them. Good luck with your education. Mark

It was already mostly a question asked simply because I was curious, I have no intention of getting rid of my AT Pro, it does its job just fine and I know it well. I do happen to have a friend who's considering getting a detector of some kind, which might have been why I brought this up? But mostly just that I had been wondering about it for a bit. I see your point about the value of just that little bit better being hard to dismiss. All those what if questions that come up when you've worn out a good spot and wonder what else might still be there, if only you could find it...

I'll start this by saying I'm not likely to purchase either any time soon. I'm presently a college student with no money, so yeah. I'm just curious, from people who own equinoxes, what's the difference between the 600 and the 800?

From what little effort I've done to find out for myself it just seems like the 600 is the 800 but with wired headphones and a few less options, most of which seem to be pretty trivial convenience things, nothing that seems to justify a $250 price difference between the two. Is the 800 worth that extra $250?

Here is some good info on the differences! https://bigboyshobbies.net/blog/wha...0-and-the-minelab-equinox-600-metal-detectors

Back
Top Bottom