• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Dear metal detector manufacturers,

PAslawslayer

For the last how many years more and more detectors have been able to update to the latest software or firmware via PC link. To be short and blunt…why can’t we use the same plug to the PC and have a rudimentary software so we can at least save our settings and re-flash our detector with those if we need or want to?
Say I did a factory reset for changed all my settings on the equinox at another site, then wanted to go back to my settings I normally used. In this case I’d have to click buttons a billion times in the field or at home and annoy my wife when I forget to turn the volume down first.
It would be wonderful to just have a piece of software where I can make and save changes without having to remember or look at notes while I bumble through the onboard detector screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Minelab has a patent on this technique and would sue anyone who tried to implement it, as they did with White's.

The ctx does have this ability. So does nearly every other piece of semi modern tech. Pretty sure they could and should patent the software, but not the idea since again it’s been a “thing” for a long time with other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom