Hope I didn't make a mistake?

theraceshop

Bought a Garrett GTA1000 Powermaster yesterday on impulse. I spent 145.00 on it. Seems to have little use. Didn't really want to spend a lot of money on a detector. I owned a Garrett Ace 250 A few years back. Didn't really care that it was bright yellow. I really just want to get my feet wet again. Tell me it was a wise purchase. Wife doesn't know yet.:cool: Oh thanks for letting me join from Western Massachusetts.

Welcome from Central MA! Not a bad price, and it will find the goods for sure. I probably would have went for something different but thats just me. Not telling the wife might prove to be a problem though :laughing: good luck out there!

Bought a Garrett GTA1000 Powermaster yesterday on impulse. I spent 145.00 on it. Seems to have little use. Didn't really want to spend a lot of money on a detector. I owned a Garrett Ace 250 A few years back. Didn't really care that it was bright yellow. I really just want to get my feet wet again. Tell me it was a wise purchase. Wife doesn't know yet.:cool: Oh thanks for letting me join from Western Massachusetts.

My wife has a closet full of shoes... her hobby is shoes, mine is metal detecting and the bonus is I can find gold and silver... when is the last time a shoe found a big gold ring or silver coin :lol:

I don't worry about spending money on what I find relaxing... ;)

My wife has a closet full of shoes... her hobby is shoes, mine is metal detecting and the bonus is I can find gold and silver... when is the last time a shoe found a big gold ring or silver coin :lol:

I don't worry about spending money on what I find relaxing... ;)
good point Craig

Yeah honestly metal detecting is one of the more justifiable hobbies expense wise, because while it doesn't exactly pay for itself it at least can be fairly self sustaining once you have the equipment. There are a lot of hobbies that are just expenses, unless you're explicitly trying to profit from them (restoring old cars, and photography, being examples), and there are hobbies that just cost nothing and return nothing, like hiking. Metal detecting also is a good way to collect coins for the low cost of free. (or possibly the cost of batteries, but I'd bet you could probably buy batteries with found clad, going to do some math on that. Rechargeable batteries have never seemed this appealing.)

The cost of fun is an interesting thing to think about.

Back
Top Bottom