Minelab military discount question.....

John Madill

Elite Member
It appears that online retailers will apply the 15% military discount with a copy of one's dd214.

I prefer to pay cash and buy in person. There are some big box stores near me that carry Minelab. Can the discount be applied for through Minelab themselves?

Thanks!

It appears that online retailers will apply the 15% military discount with a copy of one's dd214.

I prefer to pay cash and buy in person. There are some big box stores near me that carry Minelab. Can the discount be applied for through Minelab themselves?

Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of. It's eventually a partial kickback to the distributor and then passed on to the dealer/retailer.

But they could still honor it for you if you ask.

The 214 has to much data on it to release to a vendor. Be careful if you choose to do this.

Thanks!

You will need to find a participating Dealer. The dealer handles the transaction and turns the info in to Minelab.

You can cover up any personal information you'd like on the DD-214 form other than your name. If you have any questions feel free to call us. Be glad to go over with you.

Thanks all. Now it's a moot point. Went into my nearest detector store today, 45 miles away, and was surprised to find a used ML Equinox 600.

Fellow had just bought it earlier this year and later traded it in. I took it home along with wireless headphones for $500 and it still has a lot of warranty left.

Anxious to try it out this weekend. Hopefully the learning curve will be merciful.

I do have a year's experience now and a quick scan of the online manual made pretty good sense. A year ago it would have been impossible to decipher.

For now i will follow the often mentioned advice to put it in Park 2, noise cancel, ground balance, and dig everything.

Thanks all. Now it's a moot point. Went into my nearest detector store today, 45 miles away, and was surprised to find a used ML Equinox 600.

Fellow had just bought it earlier this year and later traded it in. I took it home along with wireless headphones for $500 and it still has a lot of warranty left.

Anxious to try it out this weekend. Hopefully the learning curve will be merciful.

I do have a year's experience now and a quick scan of the online manual made pretty good sense. A year ago it would have been impossible to decipher.

For now i will follow the often mentioned advice to put it in Park 2, noise cancel, ground balance, and dig everything.

Good luck with the Nox. And use park 1 not park 2

Steve

You got a steal for a great machine! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom