looking for Civil War relic sites in metro Atlanta area

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
anyone not hunting Atlanta now, or did hunt in the past that is willing to share with my come Civil War relic hunting site in north Metro Atlanta?

In spite of extensive research, hard to find good CW relic sites any more.

please respond with private message.

anyone not hunting Atlanta now, or did hunt in the past that is willing to share with my come Civil War relic hunting site in north Metro Atlanta?

In spite of extensive research, hard to find good CW relic sites any more.

please respond with private message.

The thing that irks me is when a battlefield preservation group uses donated money to buy up battlefields and then never detects it allowing all the artifacts that should have been preserved and displayed to rot in the ground. All they do is stand on it and do "expert" talks/videos boosting their own ego.

The second thing is when battlefield preservation groups use donated money to buy up battlefields and the people in charge use it as their own personal playground to detect artifacts.

The department of the interior is even worse.

The thing that irks me is when a battlefield preservation group uses donated money to buy up battlefields and then never detects it allowing all the artifacts that should have been preserved and displayed to rot in the ground. All they do is stand on it and do "expert" talks/videos boosting their own ego.

The second thing is when battlefield preservation groups use donated money to buy up battlefields and the people in charge use it as their own personal playground to detect artifacts.

The department of the interior is even worse.

That happened in the City of Dallas, GA a site of the Civil War battle of Dallas, GA was open to everyone. Then the city bought the property a couple of 100 acres and instantly up went the No Relic Hunting Signs. I called the city manager and he told me they have a resident detectorist that is preserving all the relics. Yeah, inside job with brother-in-law or some other relative is more likely.

Just sucks, but what can you do?

That happened in the City of Dallas, GA a site of the Civil War battle of Dallas, GA was open to everyone. Then the city bought the property a couple of 100 acres and instantly up went the No Relic Hunting Signs. I called the city manager and he told me they have a resident detectorist that is preserving all the relics. Yeah, inside job with brother-in-law or some other relative is more likely.

Just sucks, but what can you do?

How do you become the "resident detectorist"?
Just another example of government officials using public funds for their own private goals.

How do you become the "resident detectorist"?
Just another example of government officials using public funds for their own private goals.

that is what he called it. He is the only one they will let detect the property. I figure he is related to some politician in Dallas, GA.

Small southern towns that are still on the main edge of development of Metro Atlanta still operate like they did 50 years ago. Controlled by a handful of local prominent citizens. They bankroll the politicians who do the bidding of their masters.

Back
Top Bottom