Revolutionary War?

Pete e

Elite Member
I see lots of posts here about detecting Civil War sites and the coins and relics found, but hardly any about the Revolutionary War?

How come this period on American history seems less popular for detectorists?

This is a guess, but my first instinct would say its because the Civil War was fought over a much larger area so there are many more sites to hunt, making artifacts more common to find. During the revolutionary war the colonies were just the east coast. By the time the civil war came around, there was much more inland settlement and the country was larger. That's my guess at least.

This is a guess, but my first instinct would say its because the Civil War was fought over a much larger area so there are many more sites to hunt, making artifacts more common to find. During the revolutionary war the colonies were just the east coast. By the time the civil war came around, there was much more inland settlement and the country was larger. That's my guess at least.

Cheers, That makes sense...

Rev is tough to find even on the East coast, it's all about location though. I have a buddy that has dug some rev stuff up in a field that must have been a campsite. I have yet to dig anything in correlation to the Rev War, but I know it's out there. Known forts would probably be the best bet, and I'm sure most of those are protected...

I have some rev and colonial threads in my bio. As mentioned above it is harder to find. Stuff is rotting in the ground. That period also saw massively mixed goods being used on both sides too, so some people might even have it and just not know. I just recently finished 3 books and two museums on it 😅 both sides, even British troops, often brought their own gear and were repaid for anything damaged.

Back
Top Bottom