• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

U.S Scoop makers. Ever try a Honey Badger?

That workout machine looks dangerous. Like it is working out with nobody on it.

Kob reply

New addition , 32 work out programs , perfect on the days , I don't go to the gym , my mountain bike is down , need to take it to the shop , Felix should have Mountain biked , instead of walking , on his trip , younger day's , I did 25 mile trips in 8 hours with lunch included , not no more , way out of shape !:shock: & when you get older , no more tiny seats riding your crack allowed :lol:

OE reply

5 days short of 8 months old , last week Vet weighed him in at 80.1 lbs . , very happy with him , before the rubber mat which I got today to put under the recumbent bike , he started to chew up the card board that was there prior , Storm has a thing about paper products 😳 Waiting for October 1st here , as I can take him to the beach hunting , built a bungee system for Shogun 1 yr. before I had to put him down , it will fit Storm . What is the real % Chuck , that you might come back to making Scoops 50/50 ?

Woops

Looks like 95/5 guy's , he didn't spill any beans on a come back :(--------
#32 Report Post
Old 08-15-22, 12:03 PM
Sponsor

Default More junk.
Maybe I'll be back

Chuck ------- Chuck , can you give member's just a bit more , some are in need of scoops right now ? percentage and time line :?: :timer: , I am fine , but if you come back into the scoop making business , I will buy one ! :scope: Ps -- Perfect time me come back xtreme site shows SCOOPS -- OUT OF STOCK !!!!!! :shrug:----- https://xtremescoops.com/scoops/

Last edited:
In so many words I was trying to say who was in business and who is not.😩

Kob

Glad I stocked up on scoops , XTREME -- OUT OF STOCK , Chuck away's kept up , and kept in touch , courious to see what Chuck has to say , if any , I would think detector accessories & scoop line would bring him to retirement faster , if that is his goal , his scoops are ROCK SOLID , hoping his responce to member's is not been there done that , atleast a 50/50 chance of him returning to the Scoop making business , happy huntiong . CHUCK just make it happen :lol: PS On the other hand , ---- Its all up to Chuck , wish him the best , I can see he is missed , the money & demand is there , I won't say much more here , I am stocked up on scoops , hoping things get better for you all , Chuck You Have The Ball , will he score a touch down , :roll::impatient::shrug::drums::hammerin::heybud::confused::okpeople: OR :awwman::tissue::stormy: I rest my case , don't want Chuck getting mad at me again :hide:

Last edited:
Glad I stocked up on scoops , XTREME -- OUT OF STOCK , Chuck away's kept up , and kept in touch , courious to see what Chuck has to say , if any , I would think detector accessories & scoop line would bring him to retirement faster , if that is his goal , his scoops are ROCK SOLID , hoping his responce to member's is not been there done that , atleast a 50/50 chance of him returning to the Scoop making business , happy huntiong . CHUCK just make it happen :lol:

I think you are dreaming Surfmaster. The guy is getting up there in age , has enough $ to be happy. Probably doing his accessories business as a hobby and to help a few guys out. Sure , he might sell 20 scoops to guys here. But would that be worth it ? Don't think so. I think getting quality steel and reliable is more difficult now and more expensive. Not to mention shipping costs ain't what they used to be. But these other well known vendors I was seeing red flags months ago when I was contacting them looking for a couple scoops to buy.

Kob

Your to quick on the draw , I edited my post , I know him better than YOU , everyone grows old , everyone makes there own decision in retirement for good , he owns a machinest business making parts for a lot of things , it is 95% of his business , only 5% WAS scoops before , he could come back making scoops , don't think its an age thing , he follows the cash , he has been there did it , not dreaming bro ., he stated in this thread , He might come back , Kob , your a downer , all the time , when you charge yourself up tonight , make sure you connect the + side up snug & tight , tighter than the - side :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Getting 316ss , sure could be a facter , but like any other business , the cost gets moved to the customer , Chuck had reasonable pricing , and rock solid scoops , with a great welder , now the welder issue might be an issue , he might have moved on , machinery to build another , don't even know , whats involved in a come back , Chuck knows , his decision , I am hoping he makes a touchdown , I see he is still hunting , & traveling , good to go !

Your to quick on the draw , I edited my post , I know him better than YOU , everyone grows old , everyone makes there own decision in retirement for good , he owns a machinest business making parts for a lot of things , it is 95% of his business , only 5% WAS scoops before , he could come back making scoops , don't think its an age thing , he follows the cash , he has been there did it , not dreaming bro ., he stated in this thread , He might come back , Kob , your a downer , all the time , when you charge yourself up tonight , make sure you connect the + side up snug & tight , tighter than the - side :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Getting 316ss , sure could be a facter , but like any other business , the cost gets moved to the customer , Chuck had reasonable pricing , and rock solid scoops , with a great welder , now the welder issue might be an issue , he might have moved on , machinery to build another , don't even know , whats involved in a come back , Chuck knows , his decision , I am hoping he makes a touchdown , I see he is still hunting , & traveling , good to go !

Not really a downer guy here but let's face it. We need to hear it from the horse's mouth. So I'm hopeful for sure , but also a realist. Idk the man personally. You do. So you haven't spoke with him privately ?

Kob

Cmon , you live in S. CA. , got a hot wife , find high end finds , nice 2k ring by the way , I see you sold that most recently bought titanium scoop that you bought , than it failed on the guy :no: , listen you don't need titanium , to many issues with titanium , 316 ss & get over the weight , or retire beach hunting , your choice , I have some land machines , ill sell you in pristeen condition :shock::lol: , anyway I won't say to much more here , as:tropical:

Back to scoop manufacturing?

Glad I stocked up on scoops , XTREME -- OUT OF STOCK , Chuck away's kept up , and kept in touch , courious to see what Chuck has to say , if any , I would think detector accessories & scoop line would bring him to retirement faster , if that is his goal , his scoops are ROCK SOLID , hoping his responce to member's is not been there done that , atleast a 50/50 chance of him returning to the Scoop making business , happy huntiong . CHUCK just make it happen :lol: PS On the other hand , ---- Its all up to Chuck , wish him the best , I can see he is missed , the money & demand is there , I won't say much more here , I am stocked up on scoops , hoping things get better for you all , Chuck You Have The Ball , will he score a touch down , :roll::impatient::shrug::drums::hammerin::heybud::confused::okpeople: OR :awwman::tissue::stormy: I rest my case , don't want Chuck getting mad at me again :hide:

Hello Earl,
First I don't know if the guy who copied my Stealth is out of business. I don't like to guess.
It sort of doesn't matter. I have an agreement with the buyer of Stealth that I would not compete so it is more of a matter of if he wants me to take the line back again.

I think everyone knows that building scoops is not a great business, I did it more for the love of the hobby. There is a lot of competition now but 90% of the scoops are horrible with their main focus on low price and not a quality product.

Time will tell.

Chuck

Chuck

Thanks for clarifing the subject , now I, and other member's will understand your position , I have no clue on Xtreme , I called him , left him a message , no call back , so it doesn't look good , yes quality to me is more important than cheap built scoops , was very happy with your line & run of scoops , taking a free scoop from Xtreme , because he used my Friendly Screen name in his line of scoops , is all it was , I did talk his line up- a bit , as in- your's , only because I liked his scoops to , maybe it was because his was simular to yours , simularities WERE very close , I am not a judge , nor own a scoop company , or know jack about patents , never the less , it was none of my business , only , I am a customer- only looking for quality machines & tools for hobbies , if you still hold any grudge on me , this is a clarificatiion of truth , sorry that I even got that free scoop , but I still use it , not as much as Your 920IX , wishing you the best , hopefully one day you retire 100% , the USA needs at least 1 quality scoop maker , no matter who it is , take care wishing you the best , as far as the newbee's , and or member's looking for scoops , I would say wait, watch , learn , your buddy Stavr- is in the mists of war , PS he has been posting about the war in Family Friendly Topics , don't know, his status on making / shipping - scoops eigther , happy hunting , Earl

Last edited:
your buddy Stavr- is in the mists of war , PS he has been posting about the war in Family Friendly Topics , don't know, his status on making / shipping - scoops eigther , happy hunting , Earl
Hi Earl,
don't send me to retirement ahead of time... or consider me missing ;)
my scoop is still available for purchase (besides, I donate 20% of the scoop sales to help the Ukrainian army for the war against the invaders).
At the moment, beach hunting is not completely available on the sea coast (the coast is mined with anti-amphibious mines and there is a danger of breaking anchor mines after storms).
But I was invited to check for mines in some areas ... the adrenaline that you get at the same time is much more than when you search for treasure ... :)
( all the more so, as a top electronics engineer and previously sniffing gunpowder, I fully understand the danger of high-tech mines !!!
for example, with a seismo fuse or magnetic irradiation ... but thank God in my area there have not yet been such ... but they were in the Kharkov and Donetsk regions.)

Stavr reply

Great news bro. , saw you war posts down on another forum , didn't know if your scoop business was at a stand still , if you were a Rambo in action fighting Russians or not , glad you chimed in , as US scoop makers are out of stock , with XTREME anyway , some are looking , glad your up & running & out of a bunker , stay strong , live long buddy , take those invaders out , hang in there , Earl. :friends::rifle::rifle::rifle::rifle::gunbandanna::gunbandanna::gunbandanna::gunbandanna::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will never own a T-Rex like dragging around a boat anchor... no thanks

Don't get me started on that POS T-Rex garbage. 3 months old and the only thing that was worse than the scoop was the terrible customer service or lack of actually. Well maybe being called a liar too. Weird how such a BEEFY & heavy (duty) scoop could do this in San Diego wet sand/mild clay conditions.

Attachments

• 20150707_094619.jpg
    20150707_094619.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 89
Don't get me started on that POS T-Rex garbage. 3 months old and the only thing that was worse than the scoop was the terrible customer service or lack of actually. Well maybe being called a liar too. Weird how such a BEEFY & heavy (duty) scoop could do this in San Diego wet sand/mild clay conditions.
Not even broken in , and yet you broke it in. Amazing. I've had similar scoop failures but never owned a T-rex. Did he send you a new one or refund your $ ?

Honestly

Can't figure out why people still buy the T-Rex , well know for faulty welds , and being one of the heaviest scoop's , keep us posted , if the manufacturer honors the warranty , my lifetime warranty SunSpot scoops , are going to Chuck if they break :shock::yes: :cool3: AKA Owl Engineering :lookclose:

T Rex is a real bad design. When you rock it to penetrate the ground you can see the top flexing. You flex metal back and forth it will let loose before too long. I take a thick 316 stainless angle and weld it across the outer top on both sides. I don't care it's not pretty anymore. The problem is a T Rex should cost about $125. I was lucky and bought a prototype for $50 at a metal detecting store and cut it down and braced it. A 10 1/2" T Rex was bad about the rear corners of the scoop hitting you in the ankles. And it hurts more than a little bit when you hunt barefoot.

Back
Top Bottom