• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Silver Quarter

Soil Surgeon

Forum Supporter
I've been back to the old school twice since my last trip there with my Granddaughter for a total of about 5+1/2 hrs. . Last night I gave the Nox a rest and took out the old M6 with a Detech 6x8 coil . My best finds where a Boy Scout Neckerchief slide with a wolf on it and 6 wheats .Other stuff was a three more foreign coins , 2 more of those Aluminum Shell Presidential tokens , a clad quarter , 9 copper Memorials and of course some trash .
Tonight I brought out the old Explorer SE with a 6x8 Detech coil on the last dig of the night I scored this 1940
Washington it was under several layers of some remaining Ivy roots and a real bear to dig up it was very close to another one of those Shell Presidential tokens . It was a really pleasant surprise and it was the first time I ever got silver after a backbreaking , deeper root dig , usually it turns out to be !!!! .Tonight's other finds were a clad quarter, 2 wheats , 2 memorials , two more Shell tokens and an English 2 pence coin .
Here's some before and after pictures pictured of good old George . I couldn't get good before shots to save my soul but you get the idea .

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2025.jpg
    IMG_2025.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 290
Nice save on the s 40 GW SS. Congrats. By the time your done with the place you should have the entire collection of those Presidential tokens. Those deep root digs can be quite aggravating and rarely turn out good for me. Have you tried the 6 in. coil there yet ? Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the GW!

Thank you JAK !

Nice save on the s 40 GW SS. Congrats. By the time your done with the place you should have the entire collection of those Presidential tokens. Those deep root digs can be quite aggravating and rarely turn out good for me. Have you tried the 6 in. coil there yet ? Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark ,Not a really a fan of aluminum coins or tokens but Happy about the Washington Quarter . I did a 2hr. hunt with the 6" coil this afternoon and really loved it ! I didn't expect this many coins today as the better signals are getting real far and few between . I added some pictures and everything but the Boy Scout Neckerchief slide was found on this hunt .The slide was from the other night but I thought it was so cool I'd post it tonight with today's finds .I dug a lot of junk targets to see what they were
and yes they were junk ! Most of the coins I dug today were ugly enough without adding junk to the pictures . :lol:

Congrats S.S.,I just find !!!! Under roots.:lol:

Thanks metal addict ! :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2058.jpg
    IMG_2058.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 209
Thanks GS . I hit it again last night with the stock coil on the Nox for 1+3/4 hrs . 1 Copper Memorial penny , A common Asian copper coin and a few high tone scrap pcs. of metal .The night before that I hit for 2hrs . with the 6" and got about 16 coins and another aluminum presidential token. In a few minutes I'm heading out there again With the Explorer SE with a Detech 6X8 for a couple of hrs. . I think after tonight I'm going to wait and see if they move the dirt around a bit more . Still a lot of junk signals but it always turns out to be junk .

The silver Washington is a great find! Nice job on the wheat cents, too (I am one of those people who enjoys finding them :waytogo:).

Back
Top Bottom