Detecting with friends! 17 Total Silvers, 6 silver yard!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I headed north a couple of days ago to my favorite Montana city, and was grateful to have a good day detecting! My friend Jason from Helena, and friend Wayne from Corvallis Montana joined me, and we all did well.

I got to town about 45 minutes early, and thought... well I could shop a bit, or maybe snag a quick permission and detect one yard. Well... no brainer on that, and thankfully I got the OK at a 1940's corner home. This yard turned out to be a real producer! I started off with a few fairly deep copper memorial cents, then got a good 89 on the AT Pro. Turned out to be a Silver Quarter spill, with a 1952 GW and 1958 Canadian Queen Elizabeth. The yard produced a few wheat cents, a 1936 Merc Dime, a 1945 Silver GW Quarter, and a couple Silver Rosies! I was pretty stoked, as I had 6 silvers before we all met. When I showed my friends the finds, I told them "don't kill me!" for getting a quick yard in!:lol:

We went back to the same area of town where I had just detected, and soon had permission at three houses right next to each other. My yard had modern coins and a couple of wheat cents. My friend Wayne had the home next door, and he started out with a Silver Rosie, then hit a neat 5 coin spill with 2 Silver Rosies, a Jeffy Nickel and a couple of copper cents. My friend Jason had the last home, he pulled a nice Silver Washington Quarter. The middle yard had 7 old BUCKEYE AMUSEMENT CO CHICAGO tokens.

We kept at it in this area, taking a break when some booming thunderstorms rolled in about 2-3 pm. Wayne ended up finding a couple more Silver Rosie Dimes, giving him 5 shiny for the day. Jason pulled 3 Silver Rosies, giving him 4 shiny for the day. I did get into another good yard, and found a Missoula dog tag, a neat Covered Wagon charm, and 2 Silver Rosies, giving me 8 shiny for the day. It was a fun time together, glad that all of us made some good finds, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 275
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 251
What a day, awesome silver score. Congrats to you and your buddies. A very nice assortment of finds. I like the wagon charm. Good luck, Mark

What a day, awesome silver score. Congrats to you and your buddies. A very nice assortment of finds. I like the wagon charm. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! I've had quite a few "one silver" hunts lately so it was really nice to get into a good and productive silver coin yard!

Wow David. I'm green with envy over your silver recoveries. Gotta give you props for your door knocking prowess. It really pays off for you, and your hunting partners. A while back you alluded to some major milestone you were hoping to reach. Have you achieved it yet? Big congrats on this hunt and keep it up.

Wow David. I'm green with envy over your silver recoveries. Gotta give you props for your door knocking prowess. It really pays off for you, and your hunting partners. A while back you alluded to some major milestone you were hoping to reach. Have you achieved it yet? Big congrats on this hunt and keep it up.

Thanks Gale, I appreciate your kind words! Not quite there yet on that certain milestone, but hopefully within a month I will get to that goal, and post a story to the Forum.

Back
Top Bottom