Great Montana detect! 19 Silvers, 1917 Standing Liberty, Sterling Parachute Wings

Yep, days like yours are what makes this hobby great. You made it happen though, with your door knocks, and just plain getting out there and digging. And you were rewarded for your efforts. Me, I sent Minelab an email this morning, telling them my E-trac needs repair, and then proceed to do some lake hunting with my NOX 800, and now it's not working. Water damage. Both detectors down.
Congratulations on a good day.
HH everyone

PS I still love Minelab, these two (NOX 800 & E-trac) are great detectors and have found me some awesome coins, and other goodies.

Thanks hikerdude! Door knocks are about all that is left out west. I am amazed at the fair amount of people I meet that either have a detector (they've used hardly at all) or have detected in the past. I think there are years worth of good detecting in private permission areas left in this country.

Hope you get both machines up and running. All my buddies use the Nox and I've seen that is a good machine!

curious.. the black on the coins... what kind of soil did it come out of, and do you clean them and how? my soils vary what little in find. i use a commercial dip for silver, E Z Est silver dip-- smells awful. or do the foil and baking soda thing.

curious.. the black on the coins... what kind of soil did it come out of, and do you clean them and how? my soils vary what little in find. i use a commercial dip for silver, E Z Est silver dip-- smells awful. or do the foil and baking soda thing.

Hi DixieDigger! The black on the coins is just dirt, the photos were taken as soon as my friend and I returned from our trip. I put the coin under some gently running water, and use a soft toothbrush to lightly remove the dirt. Normally I don't clean/polish etc any of my finds, I prefer to leave them in "as found" condition, just with any dirt removed.

Good show and good pix as usual. I like the standing quarter. The ground is very kind to your silver !

Great finds as always. Sorry we couldn't get out while I was in Missoula Friday. Hopefully next time.
I made it out yesterday for more old relics. You're welcome to join me on these fun sites. Have dozens all on public land. Some involve a half mile hike that keeps 90% of people away. No easy coins but never know what you might find.

Good show and good pix as usual. I like the standing quarter. The ground is very kind to your silver !

Thanks Tom! Yes, the shiny coins do come out really good here, rare to ever get one stained.

Great finds as always. Sorry we couldn't get out while I was in Missoula Friday. Hopefully next time.
I made it out yesterday for more old relics. You're welcome to join me on these fun sites. Have dozens all on public land. Some involve a half mile hike that keeps 90% of people away. No easy coins but never know what you might find.

Thanks Josh! Your story and pics look good too! Hope to get your way some time in August.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom