Silver, Sterling and a Buffalo, 120 FTY

jack&jill

Elite Member
Managed to add 6 more Silvers to the FTY count. The best hunt was a outing with IDX Monster at the park I dug the Peace Dollar the week before. I dug 2 Merc's and a GW. Kevin put a Merc and a buffalo on his menu. The big memory of the hunt is somebody called a complaint in on us. I ended up with a very nice visit with a female officer that led to some laughter and exchanges of adventures. There was a family in the tot lot (50 yards away) that paid a great deal of interest to this encounter. It was very funny to see them leave with the laughter and the hand shake just before the officer left.
On the next outing I picked a Rosie, a Merc and a Buffalo Nickel for my efforts. The last hunt put another Merc in the coffers along with a thin Sterling Band. Last couple of days we have gotten some rain so this next week I may be able to do some permission. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 8-3-19 .jpg
    8-3-19 .jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 335
  • 8-6-19 .jpg
    8-6-19 .jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 8-9-19 .jpg
    8-9-19 .jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 306
Great job on the silver and nice to see everything with the police turned out positive. You are very consistent on finding silver đź‘Ť

There you go again Trap . You finding silver is like taking candy from a baby🤔
And with Idx monster on the same dirt it’s obvious something was going down .
Yup call the cops!
,Dew
Keep it going buddy đź‘Ť

Nice hunting Jack, way to keep that crazy silver train rolling! Looking forward to seeing your finds from your permissions, I remember some of the finds in the past... Good luck and happy hunting!

That sucks someone called the police on you guys, but glad it worked out. I've only had that happen a couple times. Congrats on putting some more silver in your pile. Congrats!

Nice hunt, Trapper! Did you get a date on the buff?

Been there done that. My buddy up north and I still laugh about having the cops called on us for diggin up a football field :roll: She seemed more perturbed about the waste of her time than dealing with us.

"Are you filling your holes?"

"Yes ma'am, want to see?"

"Nope, have a nice day"

The sad part is that some of these people will go to the city council and demand some kind of action.

Nice Trap, your only beating me by like...100 coins this year! Makes me feel better about last year...:lol:
There was something a little “off” with the first place that day, I can smell a site with old coins and they are there. Like you said, we had to work for them though. Perhaps there was some goofy interference that was just a little goofier than normal...maybe I was goofy. That’s very possible...
I saw the flashing lights and thought “Oh sh*t, what now!” I would’ve liked to have asked Mr. Numbnuts who called us in what his beef was. You can’t fix stupid, but I’m glad you fielded that one. I owe ya!
Thanks for taking me around, that area over by you has SO many possibilities it’s mind boggling. If just ONE of those places hasn’t been spanked to death, it’s a 20 coin site, maybe more. We’ll go check some more stuff out after the boys go back to school early September....but in the meantime, awesome as always my friend!

Great job on the silver and nice to see everything with the police turned out positive. You are very consistent on finding silver đź‘Ť
Thank you Mike for your reply. Part of finding numbers of Silver is to be as consistent as possible putting your coil over it. To do that I put in what my wife says is to many hours so the future things night slow done. Trapper
There you go again Trap . You finding silver is like taking candy from a baby🤔
And with Idx monster on the same dirt it’s obvious something was going down .
Yup call the cops!
,Dew
Keep it going buddy đź‘Ť
Appreciate your kind words Brad, thank you. Seems this year I have to make a lot effort to get the results. The hunt with Kevin was a lot of fun. the encounter with the officer just gave it a little more character.:lol:Trapper

Nice Silver Trapper! And glad you could hunt with a friend, that does make the detecting enjoyable! Have had a few encounters with Mr. PoPo while detecting, thankfully all have turned out great with no issues or problems from the police. I guess some folks try to mind everyone else's business not just their own. Sounds like you handled this one really well too.

Congrats on 120! You are having a heck of a year! Hope the success continues. HH

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice hunting Jack, way to keep that crazy silver train rolling! Looking forward to seeing your finds from your permissions, I remember some of the finds in the past... Good luck and happy hunting!
Thank you Jeff for the very kind words. Have some big hopes on a couple sites that are from the 29's that I got permission for about a month back. Both are big yards and big houses so they were built for big families. Trapper
That sucks someone called the police on you guys, but glad it worked out. I've only had that happen a couple times. Congrats on putting some more silver in your pile. Congrats!
Appreciate your reply Jason , thank you. The officer was quite pleasant. she asked a lot of questions about detecting and really express some interest in getting into the hobby. I gave her my card for future reference. Trapper

Nice hunt, Trapper! Did you get a date on the buff?

Been there done that. My buddy up north and I still laugh about having the cops called on us for diggin up a football field :roll: She seemed more perturbed about the waste of her time than dealing with us.

"Are you filling your holes?"

"Yes ma'am, want to see?"

"Nope, have a nice day"

The sad part is that some of these people will go to the city council and demand some kind of action.
Thank you Tommy for the reply. The Buffalo is a 1926, sorry the picture is not very clear. The officer was very polite and as it turned out she was very interested in the hobby. She has the idea it would be something her and her husband could do together. I gave her my card and offered any help if this does happen. Trapper
Nice Trap, your only beating me by like...100 coins this year! Makes me feel better about last year...:lol:
There was something a little “off” with the first place that day, I can smell a site with old coins and they are there. Like you said, we had to work for them though. Perhaps there was some goofy interference that was just a little goofier than normal...maybe I was goofy. That’s very possible...
I saw the flashing lights and thought “Oh sh*t, what now!” I would’ve liked to have asked Mr. Numbnuts who called us in what his beef was. You can’t fix stupid, but I’m glad you fielded that one. I owe ya!
Thanks for taking me around, that area over by you has SO many possibilities it’s mind boggling. If just ONE of those places hasn’t been spanked to death, it’s a 20 coin site, maybe more. We’ll go check some more stuff out after the boys go back to school early September....but in the meantime, awesome as always my friend!
I had great time Kevin, even the conversation with the officer was good. Seeing that guy leave with his family was enough revenge foe me. He seemed a bit huffy when the officer was laughing and enjoying the conversation. Went out for my first night hunt of the year last night, had a pretty descent hunt, bugs were bad but still added to the counts. Nicked a pretty good coin with the hand shovel, guess I need to practice a bit before I do it again. Trapper

Trapper congrats on another fine week and all the silver. I have had the cops called on me several times only for them to tell me, Look I know there is no law against what your doing but I had to answer the call. One in particular I was on a sports field and a couple who was running their dogs called on us while there was huge sign on the gate that said no dogs allowed on field. Some people just have to be d--ks. HH Mark

Trapper, congrats on the additional half dozen of silvers and of course the buff is always nice to see in those family pics! Well done.
Thanks John. Hope to get on permissions this week and am taking a road trip up to hunt with Dewsweeper so maybe I can put some more interesting finds on the board for the next report. Trapper
Congrats Trapper on the silvers, sterling, Buffalo and the rest...fine digging as always!
As always I truly appreciate your replies Bruce, thank you. What you did with your 18k Gold Ring was righteous. It is a Pirate's treasure for sure. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom