Anyone using the Predator Raven shovel?

I have the Lesche ground shark which is similar. I don't like narrow semi round blade. Personally I think the flatter the better. mud seems to stick inside the more rounded blades easier. Roundness makes it harder to remove sticky mud. I ended up getting a Predator Piranha. I'm satisfied with it.

I had the ground shark longbow referenced. I hated that shovel because the curvature dictated the size of plug I could dig. The Raven seems a bit more open, but I would still prefer an even more open geometry and a more tapered profile (top to bottom) for the rocky areas of the piedmont where I dig. I have been using the Piranha for the past couple of years and really like it. Generally we're relic hunting in wooded areas and it does a great job cutting through roots.

I don't have the Raven, but I have a predator shovel (I think little eagle). I love it and have recommended them to anyone I know who is out digging.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I absolutely love my Raven. I've owned the Ground Shark, Sampson, Relic Hunter and a few others, but the Raven is my go to.

As the latest person to this thread, I just ordered the Predator Phoenix and also the Raptor hand digger for parks. I sure like the looks of the plugs paystreak gets with that Phoenix. I have a Lesche hand digger now and as durable as it is, it isn't always convenient.

Predator barracuda user here. After owning this shovel for a couple years, I give it an A+! Hands down most durable shovel I've used, and I've owned my fair share if T & D handled shovels. I've been using it in sand and rocks as well as ice. It has definitely worn down a little, which would be expected, but it has never come close to breaking. I highly recommend predator shovels!!!

Attachments

• 20220226_170259.jpg
    20220226_170259.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 20220226_170306.jpg
    20220226_170306.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 306
Predator barracuda user here. After owning this shovel for a couple years, I give it an A+! Hands down most durable shovel I've used, and I've owned my fair share if T & D handled shovels. I've been using it in sand and rocks as well as ice. It has definitely worn down a little, which would be expected, but it has never come close to breaking. I highly recommend predator shovels!!!

I own the same shovel. I love it and it is the only one I have not broken. Yours is missing about a half inch more than mine though. Just means you have been putting your time in!

As the latest person to this thread, I just ordered the Predator Phoenix and also the Raptor hand digger for parks. I sure like the looks of the plugs paystreak gets with that Phoenix. I have a Lesche hand digger now and as durable as it is, it isn't always convenient.

Paystreak has a recent video of that shovel and I didn’t realize it had a dish shaped blade and how that can help digging a neat plug. Please let us know what you think of it after you get to use it a while.

Paystreak has a recent video of that shovel and I didn’t realize it had a dish shaped blade and how that can help digging a neat plug. Please let us know what you think of it after you get to use it a while.

I most definitely will. I think it's ability to dig nice plugs and the fact that I can stay on my feet most of the hunt will be great.

i like the regular predator with single side serration t handle, but since hernia and cancer surgery, it hurts to semi squat down. so i just had the handle lenghthened by a welder to 43 inches from 31. yea it messed up pretty powder coat and heavier, but i can stand on it easier, cut a nice plug, and fend off bad dogs and mean ole ladies :mad::D:laughing: the Leshe hand digger is just fine for hand plug when i can squat better. but yea mud does stick to both actually and thats a good point. i also find cutting the rivet out of the bottom of the sheath lets dirt fall out better. the predator i just use boot to clean it.

but red gotta go. easy to find in the woods but too noticiable in the parks.

I just got the Phoenix shovel today and took it out for a few digs in the snow. This thing is built like a little tank. Works as advertised. The only issue I could see with it is if someone was 6' tall or taller. I'm 5'10 and it's just right for me.

I just got the Phoenix shovel today and took it out for a few digs in the snow. This thing is built like a little tank. Works as advertised. The only issue I could see with it is if someone was 6' tall or taller. I'm 5'10 and it's just right for me.

Thanks! I’m 5’10” also.

Back
Top Bottom