IHPs, a V and a war nickel

JimR_TN

Elite Member
My 3rd visit to a location where some houses just became vacant and are about to be torn down. The houses date from 1920, however the property is on a very old road. The best hunt so far and all my finds were from one 10 x 10 area in the backyard under a big old tree. Two 1906 IHPs, a 1907 V nickel, a 1945 silver war nickel and a 1910 wheatie.

Very happy, been a while since I've found a nice IHP or V nickel and the war nickel is the first silver from this site. I'm still not sure if someone was there before me or if they did some major landscaping with some major fill dirt. A similar property in the same neighborhood produced more than a dozen silver coins (found over many hunts).

Attachments

• 1906aIHP.jpg
    1906aIHP.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 1906bIHP.jpg
    1906bIHP.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 258
  • 1907V_nickel.jpg
    1907V_nickel.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 1945warnickel.jpg
    1945warnickel.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 1910wheatie.jpg
    1910wheatie.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 08172022.jpg
    08172022.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
That's just a nice hunt !!!!!

Thanks!

You got some good ones there. Very nice.

Thanks!

Jim congrats on the war nickel Ihps and all the other goodies. Looks like a fine hunt. Good luck. Mark

Thanks!

Nice work there, Jim. That was a productive little patch of ground!

Yes, it was! Thanks!

Nice finds, hope you find more, sounds like you may have much more area to hunt there, good luck!

Yes, the expected spots didn't produce like I expected, but there is plenty of property left to search.

Thanks

Very nice finds! The V nickels I have found have been in much poorer condition than yours. Congratulations are a super hunt!

Thanks!

Nice haul there for sure.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks

Nice finds. I can't find a V nickel to save my life. I only have 2 dateless buffs. Thanks for the motivation.

I think that is my 5th V nickel. I don't always dig nickel signals but if the site is old enough and not too trashy I will. I expected a zinc penny when I found the first Indian, was shocked.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom