• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

40th wedding anniversary !

GKL

Forum Supporter
My wife and I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary today !

(not bad for having our first date and getting married by the end of the same month :lol:)

She had to work last night (3rd shift) and works tonight, so she is sleeping now, since she would be too tired to go anywhere all she asked was that I pick up some carry-out restaurant food for supper today as a special treat, she is easy to please, hey, she puts up with my cooking :lol: but she wanted to give me a break from cooking today :lol:

She is perfectly okay with going to a restaurant at a later date to celebrate stuff when her work schedule is too busy to do anything at the time. (they are short staffed at her workplace right now)

My wife and I celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary today !

(not bad for having our first date and getting married by the end of the same month :lol:)
Shotgun wedding? :laughing:

Congratulations! I've tried twice and not succeeded.

Congrats on 40 years ! Kinda like looking at a car. Some , as soon as you take a good look , you got to have her. Others , you walk around , kick the tires , nah...not for me. So what's the secret ?

Congrats on 40 years ! Kinda like looking at a car. Some , as soon as you take a good look , you got to have her. Others , you walk around , kick the tires , nah...not for me.

So what's the secret ?

Thanks !

Well, since you asked, after God instantly delivered me from drugs, booze, and even a 3 pack a day cigarette habit (all cold turkey, completely stopped from one day to the next with no cravings) (I had lived a messed up life prior to that) I wanted to be sure if I got married it would work and be for good, so I simply prayed and asked God for the right woman for me and He answered, and I guess 40 years so far shows she is indeed the right one for sure :lol:

Congradulations on 40 years

Thanks !

Wow, God gave you the right partner for life! 40 years is how long the Israelites wandered in the desert! :thumbsup: :good:

Josh

Thanks Josh !

Yep, God sure did give me the right partner for life !

.....but instead of a desert, our marriage has been an "oasis" refuge from the "desert" of this world ! :D

oasis definition:

1: a fertile or green area in an arid region (such as a desert)

2: something that provides refuge, relief, or pleasant contrast

Thanks Josh !

Yep, God sure did give me the right partner for life !

.....but instead of a desert, our marriage has been an "oasis" refuge from the "desert" of this world ! :D

oasis definition:

1: a fertile or green area in an arid region (such as a desert)

2: something that provides refuge, relief, or pleasant contrast
I always love a good analogy! :yes:

Josh

Congrats to you and your bride, Gary :dingding:

We just passed the 46 year mark last month.

Thanks !

....and super congrats to you and your bride on 46 ! :thumbsup: it's always good to hear of marriages that are standing the test of time, hopefully it is an encouragement to the younger ones that it is indeed something that can be done !

Thanks !

Well, since you asked, after God instantly delivered me from drugs, booze, and even a 3 pack a day cigarette habit (all cold turkey, completely stopped from one day to the next with no cravings) (I had lived a messed up life prior to that) I wanted to be sure if I got married it would work and be for good, so I simply prayed and asked God for the right woman for me and He answered, and I guess 40 years so far shows she is indeed the right one for sure :lol:

Thanks !

Congratulations on 40. Just did my 31. So weird I met my husband after having just zero luck with other men. Finally one evening I said a pray to help me find the "one" for me. And 2 weeks later we met and quickly fell in love.

Congratulations on 40. Just did my 31. So weird I met my husband after having just zero luck with other men. Finally one evening I said a pray to help me find the "one" for me. And 2 weeks later we met and quickly fell in love.

Thanks !!!!

Wow, that is super !!!! congrats on your 31, no small feat nowadays !!!! :thumbsup:

I had seen how too many marriages didn't last and I wanted a mate for life so I found out that prayer works and God came thru with just the right one for me, and she even told me later on that God told her I was the one for her too, so it worked both ways !

Congratulations on an awesome milestone in your lives! You're a good guy to do the cooking when she has to work. I've been married since '83, so I remember it by saying "in '83 I married thee." 38 years.

Royal Congrats to both of you!

The Queen and KT are coming up to 50 this coming May 22nd! Takes a lot of love, caring, patience, and understanding to make it last. Also, having the third pardner, God, in the marriage helps a lot!

Best of luck to both of you! :dingding::dingding::clapping::cheer::laughbounce::laughbounce:

Back
Top Bottom