Vaccine Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go get vaccinated if you want one. When about 4-5 guys are holding me down I'll take one. My buddy who is a doctor and on this forum had 5 fully vaccinated COVID positives yesterday. They even are talking about boosters now. Mask don't work, vaccines probably do work for a while, and symptoms may probably be less severe if you do come down with it. That is yet to be proven though because it kills so few people that contract it in the first place.

I'm not anti vaccine for anybody that wants it. I'm 59 zero meds. I run regularly. I'm not close to being over weight. Zero people that I know who have had it which is quite a few suffered bad symptoms. A couple of them were in there 70's. If I get it and have to be hospitalized that's on me. It's a lie that only the unvaccinated are spreading it when fully vaccinated people are getting it right and left.
”They” have appeared totally inept from the start. Do they even have any idea of what’s going on? From “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “the vaccinated must wear masks to possibly prevent spreading the Delta variant”(CDC website). Constantly flip-flopping on recommendations every other day. Talk about confusion…well, no wonder there’s a lack of confidence in this shot! :?:

If people have a REAL problem taking the vaccine , they are going to have a REAL PROBLEM ON A VENTILATOR !

I work for a CA government agency, and our governor just mandated that all state workers get the vaccine.

I had Covid. Most of the latest research is showing that those who contracted/recovered from Covid have longer lasting and stronger protection than those who are vaccinated. I don't know. Aside from that, I work from home. I haven't gone into the office for over a year, and I don't plan to. I am basically a hermit and am hardly exposed to anyone.

This all-encompassing mandate doesn't make sense for a lot of people.

Think about it, insurance companies charge high rates and deny coverage if you do things that you know are detrimental to your health like smoking. If someone decides not to get the vaccine that is their decision, not a pre existing condition. The insurance could certainly deny to pay your ICU bill for being intubated for a week if they know you denied the vaccine...
That's NOT communism, that's free enterprise...

So more government control. Sweet. Communism for you. For me, no.

This is exactly why it's foolish to ignore the political ramifications.

LMAO, you mad. Why ? Why the name calling ? Oh I don't agree with you so you resort to name calling like a 5th grader. I don't agree with Totsalot but no need for me to call him names. He's a grown man and can make his own decisions and have his own beliefs, as can you and I. The difference is neither he nor I would trade grade school insults. Grow up, man. Not everyone will think like you. Nor will everyone think like me. It's ok either way as long as I'm not forced to take the vaccine. I don't need more government in my life.

Future generations have been poisoned for years through anti American liberal teachers. You always have the option to move to a country where mask are mandated and you can feel safe. There are many countries in this world that think like you and you should feel welcome there.

I’m not mad and never was... I could debate either side. I simply chose the opposite of yours..I’m really only on the level of a 3rd grader... but thanks for elevating me to the 5th....but hey, like I suggested, take the covid challenge and go test your unvaccinated unmasked theory in a room with contagious patients... then report back your findings...I’m dying to hear it. (Pun intended)

I work for a CA government agency, and our governor just mandated that all state workers get the vaccine.

I had Covid. Most of the latest research is showing that those who contracted/recovered from Covid have longer lasting and stronger protection than those who are vaccinated. I don't know. Aside from that, I work from home. I haven't gone into the office for over a year, and I don't plan to. I am basically a hermit and am hardly exposed to anyone.

This all-encompassing mandate doesn't make sense for a lot of people.

How bad did the Covid -19 affect you when you had it?

KOB you do know that fully vaccinated people have been on ventilators and died of COVID-19 right?

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vaccines-reasons-for-concern-part

Yes , but those are extremely small numbers. Though some of those numbers appear to be rising because of the variant , at this time , they are still low compared to the alternative. I'm talking about the people who for whatever reason they can come up with , have a problem not taking the vaccine willingly , will surely have a problem with the alternative , being on a ventilator. If it gets that bad. Guaranteed....

+1 yes, thanks for sharing the info !

I won't get into whether or not what they are doing borders on violating personal freedoms, that is a political discussion which is understandingly not allowed on the forum to avoid heated discussions. (new members take note :D)

This thread is simply sharing information.

While I do believe many people in this day and age are over-medicated and I try to avoid even taking stuff like Motrin unless I really have to, (but I do realize some medicines are necessary) my wife did talk me into getting vaccinated and we are both fully vaccinated.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread non-political :D

Very well put ! :thumbsup:

Are there some far out conspiracy theories out there without any real foundation in fact ?, for sure !, as far as Covid and vaccines, at this point I really can't say for sure if Covid was released by accident or not, but it obviously is having serious results with at least a percentage of the population and I don't think the answer would be to do nothing at all.

Now some conspiracies out there in the world can be shown to be real, one example is the long term plan to bring about a one world government, even if anyone exercises their right to dismiss the Bible prophecy about a coming Antichrist one world government that is their free will choice, but I could also show many actual quotes from well known people that were in places of power from over the years that have actually admitted that is the ultimate goal of the globalists. I share that as one example of a conspiracy based in fact, as far as Covid and vaccines, like I said, I can't say for sure, but regardless of how it happened, it does seem to be causing serious problems with a fair portion of the population, so whether we all can agree on what might be the best course of action, somehow simply doing nothing at all does not seem to be the best option. Sure, there will likely be examples where some people were not affected that bad, but what about the all the ones that were ?

For the record, I hold no hard feelings to anyone who chooses to disagree with anything I say, that is your free will right, as it is mine, we can simply agree to politely "agree to disagree" on any particular points and still remain friendly on this "Friendly" metal detecting forum :lol:

This is the best quote in the thread by far. Thank you.

Part of my decision to get the vaccine was a feeling of civic duty. Even if it killed me, for which I thought the odds were vanishing low, I felt mRNA technology was the future of medicine, and contributing to the database was a good thing for society.

Forget the fact that the odds are simply a no-brainer regarding the probability from a bad covid outcome vs the probability of a bad vaccine outcome.

The "my body, my choice" argument wears thin. This has been a bad argument since at least 1973, and I'll admit that I am surprised that some people (here and elsewhere) are making it. It ceases to become "your choice" when "your choice" affects other innocent life.

All life is precious. Getting vaccinated or wearing a mask when not vaccinated mitigates viral load on those downwind. Statistically, doing so saves lives. I don't have the patience to argue medical facts with some of the people in this thread. Take your tinfoil hats and go to Mars for all I care. Doing so will reduce the viral load on the rest of us, including my brother-in-law, who for medical reasons cannot get this or _any_ vaccine, and who has quite a sour attitude to those who can and refuse to.

It is not "your choice" when "your choice" harms other human life. Never in my life did I think I'd hear the "my body, my choice" trope in a conservative leaning community.

I would love to call out a couple of political/religious posters, but I am not a mod. In all honesty, I credit the mods for letting it flow, even tho it is against forum rules. I'm not a snowflake, I don't need my safe space, and these clowns are easy to put on ignore. But, the problem I have with these clowns is that they contribute to the anti-vax mindset in a non-constructive way.

I will admit, however, that hearing about the "Antichrist"/bible in a science-leaning thread seems less than constructive.

I personally have no political party or agenda. It would take a very long post to explain my spiritual and ethical beliefs, but, while incredibly positive, especially regarding the sanctity of life, are inconsistent with ancient written religions such as the bible, the koran, and so forth. (This section is in response to the bible poster who suggested I was free to reject the bible, and I do so, at least most of it, and I have read it cover to cover, word for word).

I will say that if you are comfortable with the veracity of old stories with no evidence, then consider belief in the science of the vaccines, for which there is plenty of evidence.

I do not wish to be banned, so I will let it go here. Please get vaccinated if medically approved by your doctor. Doing so will make the world a better place in my judgment.

Just in case you misunderstood me to be "anti-vax" you missed reading my earlier post in this thread (see further above) where I said both my wife and I were fully vaccinated.

As far as disagreeing with anything else I said I respect your right to disagree with me and can do so without holding any animosity towards you, we each have the free will right to chose how we believe and no matter how many people disagree with me I know what I have is very very real, but I would never try to force my beliefs on anyone. I really believe people should be able to politely "agree to disagree" and I mean that sincerely.

I'm on the fence about getting vaccinated. Here are some thoughts/questions:
1. If getting vaccinated is so effective in preventing covid, why are the vaccinated so concerned about the unvaccinated? Aren't they confident their vaccination will keep them safe?
2. If not getting vaccinated increases the chances of the variant mutating, shouldn't we all be dead from the common cold and flu, as they have been around much longer than covid and should have now mutated into the most deadly variants out there by now.
3. If covid is the big threat that our government makes it out to be, why have they not taken steps to completely shut down the southern border, such as continuing the building of a wall?
4. If hospitals start refusing to give medical help to the unvaccinated, shouldn't they do the same for people who smoke, take drugs, drive while drunk? After all, these are all activities that not only puts themselves at risk, but often times put others at risk as well.
5. I'm not saying I won't get vaccinated, but have not been convinced to do so yet. I have never received a flu shot, and I guess I'm just not really scared of contracting covid. Who knows, maybe I have already had covid, and am now immune???
Three weeks ago, I had a bad cough, a somewhat sore throat/fever, and achy body. Was it covid? I don't know. I kept my distance from others, as I didn't want to pass any type of sickness on to anyone else.
Okay, give me Heck.

As someone who worked at a hospital for 25 years I heard a lot from the doctors & nurses. A lot seems to contradict what I have seen others saying. I try and just use my own common sense when it comes to this hot topic stuff. I ask this.

Where would we be if the vaccinations had not been developed, and tested by so called guinea pigs?

Polio
Tetanus
Influenza
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis A
Rubella
Hib
Measles
Whooping Cough (Pertussis)
Pneumococcal Disease
Rotavirus
Mumps
Chickenpox
Diphtheria

Thank God there were people willing to risk their lives to test these so that others may live. You may not feel it is worth taking the risk, and that's fine, but I sure wouldn't put down those who are willing.
Thank you for your common sense!

As someone who worked at a hospital for 25 years I heard a lot from the doctors & nurses. A lot seems to contradict what I have seen others saying. I try and just use my own common sense when it comes to this hot topic stuff. I ask this.

Where would we be if the vaccinations had not been developed, and tested by so called guinea pigs?

Polio
Tetanus
Influenza
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis A
Rubella
Hib
Measles
Pneumococcal Disease
Rotavirus
Mumps
Chickenpox
Diphtheria

Thank God there were people willing to risk their lives to test these so that others may live. You may not feel it is worth taking the risk, and that's fine, but I sure wouldn't put down those who are willing.
I’m confused. Are you saying that we should be the guinea pigs for a revolutionary mRNA technology that was never long-term tested? Supposedly since 2010 Moderna has never brought an FDA approved product to market.

”They” have appeared totally inept from the start. Do they even have any idea of what’s going on? From “two weeks to flatten the curve” to “the vaccinated must wear masks to possibly prevent spreading the Delta variant”(CDC website). Constantly flip-flopping on recommendations every other day. Talk about confusion…well, no wonder there’s a lack of confidence in this shot! :?:

Reminds me of the inflation is contained and temporary meme.
If people haven't figured out its just lie after lie after lie in regards to anything they see on tv/newspapers then there is no hope.

Still nobody finds it a little odd that the Fed Banks are dictating medical policy. :laughing:

I’m confused. Are you saying that we should be the guinea pigs for a revolutionary mRNA technology that was never long-term tested? Supposedly since 2010 Moderna has never brought an FDA approved product to market.

Compared to what our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc, had to go through, I'd say a couple pokes in the arm ain't all that bad. :my2cents:

Here's some memes that add nothing..

Attachments

• 56584_copy_698x709.jpeg
    56584_copy_698x709.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20210724-173448_Email_copy_480x604.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-173448_Email_copy_480x604.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20210728-162512_Email_copy_547x548.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-162512_Email_copy_547x548.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 127

Polio
Tetanus
Influenza
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis A
Rubella
Hib
Measles
Pneumococcal Disease
Rotavirus
Mumps
Chickenpox
Diphtheria

I hate hospitals... always have hated them. Hospitals are necessary for lots of things.
I might have had Measles
Had Mumps
Had Chickenpox...then later had Shingles
Always had Cooties when I was younger
I knew someone that had Diptheria when he was 4 years old.... and died when in his 90s

I will pass on any shot, if it is tested or not.

Not sure what you’re getting at, mine all lived long, fulfilling lives.

I'm basically saying, noone is asking you to go to war, our fathers/grandfather's did that for us thankfully. They fought for our freedom. It would be nice if today's society would fight for tomorrow's society like the generations before us, but this country has turned soft. Most only care about themselves!

Dont get the shot, that's your choice. You have the freedom to make that choice. But if your employer mandates it, and you refuse, obviously you will be looking for a new job. I would not want to start all over at work, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom