Would Be Nice To Get Some More Information On The Delayed Release Makro Legend

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
There are limited videos with limited information out there on the Legend. I am guessing there are some re-tweaks going on behind the scenes. Lets hope the Legend also comes out a good winner like the Deus II. 2022 is looking like a great year!

This is a textbook case of "over promise and under deliver." After following all the videos , etc , it was said with the utmost conviction that they should be in customers hands by Xmas. Deposits were taken weeks before. Then , come to find out during this time , they are still in tester's hands. I would think if they were to be delivered by xmas that the testing was completed a month or two prior. Everyone else says don't worry , they are perfecting it for us , blah , blah , blah. Some say we now live in a world of instant gratification. Sorry , I'm old school. I call BS. Say what you mean , Do what you say....otherwise, just don't say it.

I'm glad they're gathering more info of what the actual customers want, and implementing changes pre-rollout.

That kind of attention alleviates weak coil ears, later delays in desired coil size release, leaking control housings, etc...

I love the way Nokta Makro interacts with customers and uses their input for software setting updates too.

There could be many reasons for the delay and you'll only hear the reason they want you to hear.
Not like they would tell folks if it's not performing as good as the competitors detectors, or there's a flaw in the multi programming, it leaks etc etc

The Deus II was hurried into the hands of people to 'test' and obviously make and promote videos. It is now going out into the hands of consumers as Version 6. Will there be a 7 or 8? What was added, altered or deleted from what they had to get to Version 6? And it still looks like 2+ weeks until folks in the USA will be able to get one.

Nokta/Makro had some out to 'testers' to provide them info to make some final adjustments, and I thought the word was going-to-try or hope to have them out by Christmas. No guarantee. I look back at how many times a manufacturer has rushed a unit into production, only to have a LOT of issues come up because they didn't do any serious testing and final product refining before release.

I am satisfied N/M is taking their time to try and give us a thought-out and reliable product.

Monte

The delays might simply be caused by supply issues that are out of Nokta's hands. On Monday I just received an order of control panels here at work from Bosch that were ordered back in May 21. I order a variety of parts from numerous manufacturers and fulfillment has been sketchy at best over the last 6 months. Definitely the worst I have seen it since the start of the whole pandemic. We deal mainly in electronics. Many products have been delayed by a single component.

I ordered a sp24 coil for my Simplex this week but they are out & not sure when they'll come in either. maybe they'll be in the Legend ...

I ordered a sp24 coil for my Simplex this week but they are out & not sure when they'll come in either. maybe they'll be in the Legend ...

It will be worth the wait. That coil made my Simplex MUCH more enjoyable. I pretty much never took it off once I got it. :yes:

The Deus II was hurried into the hands of people to 'test' and obviously make and promote videos. It is now going out into the hands of consumers as Version 6. Will there be a 7 or 8? What was added, altered or deleted from what they had to get to Version 6? And it still looks like 2+ weeks until folks in the USA will be able to get one.

Nokta/Makro had some out to 'testers' to provide them info to make some final adjustments, and I thought the word was going-to-try or hope to have them out by Christmas. No guarantee. I look back at how many times a manufacturer has rushed a unit into production, only to have a LOT of issues come up because they didn't do any serious testing and final product refining before release.

I am satisfied N/M is taking their time to try and give us a thought-out and reliable product.

Monte

I agree 100% with what you stated Monte,I am in no rush I just want the Legend to be rite when we receive them

I also feel the DEUS 2 that is coming is going to be way longer then 2 weeks since the US is only going to receive only a couple of 100 to start according to emails people that pre ordered received from XP

I ordered a simplex for my grandson and was able to get in on the free 9.5 x 5 inch coils, purchased just a few days ago and its scheduled to be delivered tomorrow would also like to get him the 8.5 inch coil also but not sure he would gain anything over the 11 inch or the 9.5 x 5 inch so I am waiting on getting him the 8.5 inch

also have not been able to get any feedback on the 8.5 inch

It will be worth the wait. That coil made my Simplex MUCH more enjoyable. I pretty much never took it off once I got it. :yes:

I messaged Nokta/Macro to see if they would be putting out a 9.5 x 5 coil for the legend and they actually replied back and said they are working on one for the Legend but it would be awhile before it came out

also asked about a pin pointer that would pair with the Legend head phones and was told by them they are also working on a pin pointer that would pair with it but it would be quite awhile before one came out

I messaged Nokta/Macro to see if they would be putting out a 9.5 x 5 coil for the legend and they actually replied back and said they are working on one for the Legend but it would be awhile before it came out

also asked about a pin pointer that would pair with the Legend head phones and was told by them they are also working on a pin pointer that would pair with it but it would be quite awhile before one came out

Nokta put a lot of support behind the Simplex and I am sure we will see the same thing with the Legend.

This is a textbook case of "over promise and under deliver." After following all the videos , etc , it was said with the utmost conviction that they should be in customers hands by Xmas. Deposits were taken weeks before. Then , come to find out during this time , they are still in tester's hands. I would think if they were to be delivered by xmas that the testing was completed a month or two prior. Everyone else says don't worry , they are perfecting it for us , blah , blah , blah. Some say we now live in a world of instant gratification. Sorry , I'm old school. I call BS. Say what you mean , Do what you say....otherwise, just don't say it.

So you prefer the US manufacturers way of doing things then?

Simply release them knowing they have problems, then blame their loyal customers for providing valuable problematic feedback about their device and then try to ignore it all like a bad dream?

"it was said with the utmost conviction that they should be in customers hands by Xmas" Are you sure about this?

At least Nokta-Makro provide regular releases and UNMATCHED international support for their products and that is more than enough for most users outside the US.

There could be many reasons for the delay and you'll only hear the reason they want you to hear.
Not like they would tell folks if it's not performing as good as the competitors detectors, or there's a flaw in the multi programming, it leaks etc etc

Do you mean like that big US Manufacturer?

So you prefer the US manufacturers way of doing things then?

Simply release them knowing they have problems, then blame their loyal customers for providing valuable problematic feedback about their device and then try to ignore it all like a bad dream?

"it was said with the utmost conviction that they should be in customers hands by Xmas" Are you sure about this?

At least Nokta-Makro provide regular releases and UNMATCHED international support for their products and that is more than enough for most users outside the US.

Watch the Treasure Talk video and see for yourself. I don't care which country a detector comes from. But I respect more of an honest , accurate , straight shooter approach when it comes to sales and marketing. Anything else I view as untrustworthy , sketchy and suspect. Look at the whole AQ fiasco. Not saying this is the case and I'm sure the Legend will be a solid detector. But for crying out loud , don't move the goal posts in the middle of the game.

Watch the Treasure Talk video and see for yourself. I don't care which country a detector comes from. But I respect more of an honest , accurate , straight shooter approach when it comes to sales and marketing. Anything else I view as untrustworthy , sketchy and suspect. Look at the whole AQ fiasco. Not saying this is the case and I'm sure the Legend will be a solid detector. But for crying out loud , don't move the goal posts in the middle of the game.

What do you think about Minelab STILL not fixing the weak coil ear problem with the Equinox after 4 years?

Fixing and improving isn't necessarily moving the goal posts.

What do you think about Minelab STILL not fixing the weak coil ear problem with the Equinox after 4 years?

Fixing and improving isn't necessarily moving the goal posts.

No , but insinuating a product is going out at a certain time PUBLICLY.....and then dragging that carrot further and further away is.

In regards to my thoughts on minelab flaws. I've posted many times , along with others on that subject. You just gotta find it.

No , but insinuating a product is going out at a certain time PUBLICLY.....and then dragging that carrot further and further away is.

In regards to my thoughts on minelab flaws. I've posted many times , along with others on that subject. You just gotta find it.

I kind of get that but it was insinuated and not guaranteed. Understanding "why" there's been a delay makes the difference in my book. They're doing it to deliver a better product based on customer requests. Similar happened to their Anfibio and Simplex if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom